Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TICKETING AT MINE ROAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2004 at 11:44am
Ronin, I understand what you are trying to say but the fact is the late drivers have been used to picking up at the Mine Road lot for about two years now. That has been the process for Mine Road for a long time and getting the drivers to get used to a new system would be difficult. I also wanted to point out that it was the late slugs who started the Mine Road slug line and busted their butts to get it going. We are the ones who even arranged for the sign to be put up at the Pentagon. So wouldn't it stand to reason that the late slugs should not have to keep "re-adjusting" to the earlier slugs whims? In my opinion, the early slugs are just being in-considerate and not thinking about anyone but themselves. The system worked fine before and we need for it to go back to normal so that everyone will have a legal place to park.
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2004 at 11:52am
Can you believe that people are still parking illegally at Mine Road, even after all the publicity it got last week. All week there have been cars parking there and yesterday they had tickets on their windshields. They say it is considered a moving violation and it puts points on their licenses[:0]. I am sure they will start towing next.
sharonji27 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonji27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2004 at 12:30pm
Since people keep writing about early sluggers/drivers needing to use the old lot, has anyone driven over there to see if any spaces are available? I went over there one morning early in September thinking that was where people may be parking and there and I saw 2 empty spaces (not the vast empty areas being implied). This was around a quarter to 8. I haven't been back over there since then. Are there empty spots at the old lot? Or are both lots being utilized the fullest?
gatewayslug View Drop Down
Junior Slug
Junior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatewayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2004 at 1:43pm
Not to be picky, but a quarter to eight is not early so of course you didn't see many empty spaces. The old saw was that somewhere around 7:15 or so it was better to head on over to Mine Road. I think that is the gist of this thread, don't head over to Mine Road before then. If both slugs and drivers are going to the same lot at the same time everybody wins, but hey, it is a free country.
sharonji27 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonji27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2004 at 2:00pm
That's what I was trying to say... sorry. People seem to be implying that the Mine Road lot is over crowded while the Old Lot is half full and I am wondering if this is true?
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2004 at 2:30pm
I have been over to the old lot at 8:30 recently and the whole back section that they just built was empty. I parked there that day because I was riding in with a friend. And gateway, you are absolutely correct. If people would just keep it like it was, everyone wins!! My experience with the earlier slugs however has not been very positive. The later slugs are always trying to scramble to find a place to park, that was until we got the Mine Road system going and everyone was happy. But alas, it was not to be for good because the earlier slugs don't seem to care about anyone but themselves. Their solution is to "get to the lot earlier", well that doesn't work for everyone and I seriously doubt they would appreciate it if we did all get to the lot earlier. So all I am trying to do is get a little cooperation and consideration here. [;)]
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 12:20pm
Here's the latest from the Free Lance Star:

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2004/102004/10202004/1543991

It looks like they may start only allowing Stafford County residents to park at the 610 lots or they may charge non-county residents to park. Too bad we can't get those early folks to go back to the way it was, that way everyone will have parking and the county won't have to get involved. It won't bother me though because I am a Stafford resident [^]
jojobean View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jojobean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 12:39pm
What Stafford needs is better long term planning. They need to become proactive as opposed to reactive.
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 12:40pm
Don't hold your breath...
salsita View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2004 at 1:32pm
Some people that I have spoke with are able to get rides at the new lot at 6am. If people would stop picking up that early just because it's convinent to their house or what the excuse may be, it's not difficult to cross a light. I've spoke with slugs at the old lot and they say it's extremly difficult to get a ride to 14th street after 615 am. I think the drivers need to be made aware of this "agreement" also so they stop picking up at the new lot. If people are not able to get a ride at the new lot that early then slugs won't wait there anymore.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic