Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TICKETING AT MINE ROAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TICKETING AT MINE ROAD
    Posted: 08 Oct 2004 at 11:53am
http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2004/102004/10082004/1531314

Hoping to renew the discussion about the Mine Road lot after the ticketing incident yesterday. The whole back/new section of the old 610 lot has available parking spaces. I would like to see an effort to get the parking situtation back to the way it was (the early slugs and drivers should go to the old 610 lot and the later slugs and drivers (7:00 a.m. and later) should go to the Mine Road lot). That was the way it existed before and everyone had a legal place to park and it worked like a charm. Let's please make this work the way it used to. Spread the word to the early folks who are using Mine Road and I will try to canvass the early drivers. I will try to hand out flyers to the early drivers to make them aware of the situtation. If we work together, we can get this problem fixed. Anybody else willing to put the word out?
tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2004 at 10:52am
I've read the attached article plus the one in the Sunday Paper. I get to the old lot around 6 AM and there is plenty of parking. The early bird gets the parking space. I use the old lot because I live on the Northside of Garrisonville Road. I think carpoolers should be able to use whatever lot they want. If you want the space, get there earlier.
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2004 at 9:58am
Obviously you are missing something here. Everyone getting to the lot earlier would do nothing to solve this problem. Think before you respond and don't respond to my posts if you are not willing to work towards a solution.
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2004 at 10:03am
http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2004/102004/10102004/1532293

Here is the other article on the parking situation. I would like to encourage all the early folks (slugs and drivers) to fill up the old 610 lot first and then move over to Mine Road. This is especially true for the drivers because if you don't go over to Mine Road to pick up earlier, then the slugs will have to go over to the old 610 lot. That way everyone will have a place to park. That has been the way it has operated for a long time up until now and it worked just fine. So please lets try to get it back to the way it was.
tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 7:51am
Obviously you are missing something here. The solution is get to the lot earlier. Think before you respond and don't respond to my posts if you are not willing to work towards a solution. At Mine Road today at 6am, plenty of parking as far as the eyes can see, quite breathtaking really.
dkerley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkerley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 10:34am
quote:
Originally posted by tri2dc
[br]Obviously you are missing something here. The solution is get to the lot earlier. Think before you respond and don't respond to my posts if you are not willing to work towards a solution. At Mine Road today at 6am, plenty of parking as far as the eyes can see, quite breathtaking really.

No, I think you are the one that is missing something -- everyone rushing to the lot earlier will not solve anything.

That's what's wrong with this world today - everyone has the "me, me, me first," attitude. I am seeing it in attitudes towards who should park in what lot and how people drive on the highways. It's ridiculous.

Dina
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 11:37am
Amen to that Dina!! I wish all of these slugs with the "me, me" attitude would just get lost because if everyone had that bad attitude, the slug system would never work. It should be about being considerate towards each other and working towards a solution. What if all the late slugs showed up at 6:00 a.m. and took all the parking spaces and then maybe the early folks would be humbled with their "me, me", "get to the lot earlier" attitudes. I think if all the late folks who don't have a place to park, could park their cars overnight at Mine Road and get someone to drop them off in the morning, then we would take up the spaces and the earlier folks would MAYBE get the point. Is there anyone up for that? If so, let me know and I'll help organize it. There wouldn't even be a Mine Road slug line if it weren't for the late slugs who were persistent and got the lot going, they were even the ones to get the sign up at The Pentagon. So please people, let's go back to the way it was and then EVERYONE will have a legal place to park. Noone wants to get a ticket or towed and you never know when it will be you who is running late one morning and you won't have a place to park.
salsita View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salsita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 11:57am
I belive the van pools are taking alot of space. I get to the new lot between 7-715am and it's pretty crowded and there aren't very many slugs in line. Per van pool there is probably at least 12 people...
SlugBuddy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugBuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 1:36pm
Well we can't work too well with the van pool people because they don't like us slugs much anyways but they have been there this whole time so I don't think that is where they are all coming from. The only thing I see that has changed is the fact that the earlier slugs keep coming over to Mine Road. I've heard numerous people talking about the fact that they leave from Mine Road at 6:00 a.m. and I politely try to explain the situation but they don't care about anyone but themselves. Most of them that I have run into are new to slugging and they just state that "it's closer to my house". That is the same "me-me" attitude that Dina and I can't stand because they are not really contributing to the slug community in a positive way. I also wish they would figure out that they are not really saving time going to Mine Road, at least from the Pentagon, as the old 610 line gets three times as many drivers going home as Mine Road does and the line is alot longer for Mine Road too. Too bad they aren't receptive to understanding that, instead they just say things like "it's closer to my house" or "get to the lot earlier". It's like duh, it doesn't really save you any time and it is not realistic for everyone to get to the lot earlier because it would be the same problem.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2004 at 7:08pm
A question here from one who isn't affected by this issue... Why can't the late folks go to the old lot and slug from there? I see all this arguing about who should get the new lot, with the early folks saying come earlier, and the late folks telling the early folks to go to the other lot. Everyone wants the new lot. Maybe drivers need to adjust their patterns and pick up at the old lot after some magic hour. Just an alternative idea...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic