Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New parking lot security system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New parking lot security system
    Posted: 04 Jun 2002 at 8:24am
Check out the article on commuter lot security at www.potomacnews.com

Price Wm county is planning to buy a mobile security unit for the parking lots. It can be moved around and has a elevator system to allow the police to see criminals. Supervisor Griggs has been providing leadership on this. In this article they say that the Horner expansion will open next month (July).

Sheepish View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2002 at 2:00pm
I just read the article Bob referenced. In order to get security guards, the article states that Supervisor Griggs "has to win over the support of the other supervisors, who have nowhere near as many commuter lot spaces in their magisterial district."

There are many people that utilize the lots in Griggs' district even though they reside outside of her district. I am going to contact my supervisor to specifically request support in providing security guards for these lots. I encourage other Prince William Co. slugs and scrapers to spread the word and request they do the same.

gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2002 at 4:48pm
They should just stage those towers and let the bad guys guess if there is anyone in it. So, you don't need guards for every tower or everyday, just use them randomly. I read the article myself, and it seems like the approach will be the typical "only use it if there is a problem" rather than prevent a problem approach.

gg
Sheepish View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2002 at 9:42pm
While I agree you don't need guards at each lot all the time, knowing a guard patrolling the lots in an unmarked vehicle would also keep the bad guys guessing. If there is only one tower -- the bad guys only have to move on to another lot.....

Hmmm, if the tower doesn't work.... what's left? A variation to the Neighborhood Watch program? Interesting thought.....

gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2002 at 4:30pm
Has anyone heard anything about the security towers?

gg
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2002 at 10:15am
I am checking with the county on this. Will post any info I receive.

Incidentally the PWC police did arrest someone the other day at the
Horner lot. He was stealing a battery. So they are patrolling the lots.

Kelsey View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2002 at 12:03pm
Bob: Did you get any feedback from the county?
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2002 at 7:08pm
I got no response from PC County Police. Am now contacting Supervisor Griggs.

Bob

Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2002 at 5:10pm
message from Pr. Wm county re: the new security equipment (8/29):

"We are in the process of purchasing the equipment. It is currently
being researched to find our best options."

Thanks Supervisor Griggs for getting the info.

Bob

gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2002 at 12:10pm
Thanks, Bob and Supervisor Griggs for trying to get us some info.

Wouldn't you like to know what kind of "research" is being done? That is, what are the points being considered, what is the price, etc.
I wonder if this "research" is available to the general public.

gg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic