Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recent AM 95N Congestion--What's gives?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arob196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2004 at 6:49pm
re: cheaters, we saw about 5 cars pulled over this morning I think around Spfld....I think there are more cheaters than we think...today the police seemed to be ON...have a good week!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2004 at 7:24am
Enforcement Report: This morning, 6:35 AM, between Glebe Rd and P'gon, Jeep Grand Cherokee violator, Virginia Highway Patrol had him in the left lane. The Jeep may have been the one that passed us at about 80 mph. [:)]
Andy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2004 at 3:41pm
See "Recent Backups on HOV Lane" on the Morning forum.

quote:
Originally posted by HOVer
[br]Hello all! Does anybody know why it's been so congested inside the beltway in HOV going north on 95 in the AM lately? With the exception of last Friday, every single day we've been slowed down somewhere between Springfield and Seminary for at least a few miles, and sometimes all the way into town. There's never been an accident or other obvious explanation. What do you know?

Bamboo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bamboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2004 at 9:43pm
Speaking of cheaters, I have been half-tempted to start a thread here posting the license plate #, make and model of the car, time of day spotted and in which direction (N or S) of people I spot cheating.

What does everyone think? Or better yet is there a way this info could be given to the police?
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2004 at 7:30am
Bamboo, how could the police act on this information? Its your word against theirs. I would suspect that the police need to actually catch somebody in the act before something could be done. Otherwise people could post any license plate and say they were in violation of the rule.
mirangus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mirangus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2004 at 10:19am
quote:
Originally posted by Bamboo
[br]Speaking of cheaters, I have been half-tempted to start a thread here posting the license plate #, make and model of the car, time of day spotted and in which direction (N or S) of people I spot cheating.

What does everyone think? Or better yet is there a way this info could be given to the police?

Besides, the police won't ticket unless they see it. From what I heard, they stopped taking citizen calls alerting them to cheaters.
Brake4Slugs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brake4Slugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2004 at 11:56am
One morning HOV was really backed-up due to a broken down car. I saw a few cheaters in our HOV lanes...and boy did they look miffed. [;)] Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Brake for Slugs

~I'd enjoy the day more, if it started later~
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2004 at 12:33pm
quote:
Originally posted by tdar20
[br]Bamboo, how could the police act on this information? Its your word against theirs. I would suspect that the police need to actually catch somebody in the act before something could be done. Otherwise people could post any license plate and say they were in violation of the rule.

The police won't act on hearsay information. When the HOV lanes ended at Springfield years ago, the extreme left lane was designated as the HOV lane as far down as Woodbridge. That program thought it could take license plate numbers of violators; however, that ended after a couple of months because it was considered "hearsay" information. Mail in information won't work on violators. The law needs to be there to cath them red handed.
dkofva View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkofva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2004 at 10:45am
I think the answer might be, well aleast for this morning the traffic was backed up due to the "BUMP" in the road where they have taken up the pavement on the bridge right at Seminary Road. It has been like that for a week or so and although VDOT should probably get with it and pave it ASAP, it isn't that big of a drop. I am guessing some are afraid to drive over it at a reasonble rate of speed. But this morning was ridiculous - 1.5 hours to Rosslyn. . .the resume is getting updatd today! [;)]
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2004 at 10:49am
Yes, couldn't believe it. HOV was bumper to bumper from Springfield at 7:15am this morning while the regular 395N lanes were flying. And I pick up slugs why????????? :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic