Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rte 3 & Gordon Road

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOWA1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rte 3 & Gordon Road
    Posted: 22 Oct 2004 at 2:33pm
Is this slug line still active to the Pentagon?

Thanks

Bob
makinalivin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makinalivin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2004 at 3:08pm
Absolutey.
LOWA1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOWA1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2004 at 7:02am
OK thanks! I work 7-4 at GAO and will need to catch a yellow line metro train to Gallery Place from the Pentagon. If I get to the lot at 5:15 AM, how long is the usual commute to the Pentagon?

Thanks
SlugNoob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugNoob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2004 at 8:26pm
Good question. I'd like to know that as well. Anyone?
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2005 at 9:45am
About 50 minutes to 1 hour from Gordon Rd. to the Pentagon if traffic is moving well.
mwc99 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwc99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2005 at 4:27pm
How about average times for Gordon Rd to 14th Street? I am considering a job up there and am consequently researching commuting options.
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2005 at 8:27pm
You may have trouble finding a ride from Gordon to 14th Street...everyone I've seen there (including me) goes to the Pentagon. It's a quick ride on the Metro Yellow line from the Pentagon into DC.
mwc99 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwc99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2005 at 8:41am
What time does the line to the Pentagon start slowing down in the morning, and how badly does travel time increase as departure time gets later?
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2005 at 2:00am
You mean the line from Gordon Road to the Pentagon? The latest I've arrived there as a driver was at 7:30, two weeks ago, and only one slug showed up after waiting about 10 minutes. So we drove on to the Rt. 17 lot to pick up a third person. After 7:30 you may be out of luck finding a ride.

I usually arrive at Gordon Road between 6:45 and 7:00 and have no problem finding slugs to pick up then. The parking lot is always pretty full by this time, so it seems to me like the peak time for rides at this lot is earlier---maybe around 6?

In my experience, travel time is actually shorter the later it gets. This morning, we left Gordon Road at 6:46 and arrived at the Pentagon exactly at 7:50...the exit ramp was really backed up at 7:50 and it took 5 minutes to drive just a few hundred feet from the exit into the Pentagon dropoff area, while other days when we've arrived there at 8:15 there was much less traffic.

mwc99 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwc99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2005 at 12:17pm
wahoowa - yes, I was talking about Gordon Rd to the Pentagon. Thank you for the information. You have been most helpful. Can you give a little insight into your average trip home to Gordon Rd?

Thanks in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic