Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

8 a.m. Horner Drivers - Go to Potomac Mills!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholelee25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 8 a.m. Horner Drivers - Go to Potomac Mills!!
    Posted: 26 Oct 2004 at 10:54am
Today (10/26) there were lots and lots of slugs at the Potomac Mills after 8 a.m. They were looking for rides to many locations all over L'Enfant, 14th, 18th, Rossyln, Pentagon. Many of the slugs going to DC are willing to go to Pent or Rosslyne then metro into the city.

I stood in the slug line wondering how many cars were lined up (probably ten cars deep) waiting for riders at Horner Rd. while the riders waited in the cold at Potomac Mills?

PLEASE PICK UP FROM POTOMAC MILLS AFTER 8 A.M. WE NEED MORE DRIVERS. There are no parking spaces left at Horner after 8.
RamVA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RamVA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2004 at 3:39pm
I went to Potomac Mills this morning (my second try here), arrived at 7:20, to find a long line of cars for the Pentagon and no riders. Too scared to take a chance on waiting, so left and went back over to Horner Rd, where luckily the line was not too bad compared to the last couple of weeks, and was on the road in 15 mins. The double-back cost me 15 mins on my commute time though. I want Potomac Mills to work, but if the riders aren't there, can't take a chance.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2004 at 3:54pm
Maybe you were too early, RamVA. Try PM after 7:30 to about 8:30. We're there. Thanks for trying - I look forward to riding with you out of PM one day.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2004 at 4:30pm
Keep trying, the past week has been strange as far as consistency. I slug out of PM around 7 and it still beats putting up with Horner either way you look at it.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2004 at 8:21pm
What are the chances of getting a ride home to Potomac? That seems to be an issue. Not many drivers are willing to deal with the extra mile and a traffic light. I think Ill try the Potomac line tomorrow anyway just to give it a shot, just for grins.

Thanks for email Sponge.

P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2004 at 7:56am
I drive out of CC and pickup for PM whenever possible. Not many drivers realize you can bypass Horner completely and get off at the Dale City / Rippon Landing exit. There is only one light by Bob Evans taking that exit. If anyone needs specific directions, you can PM me.
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2004 at 7:57am
Yesterday, I happened to be in Arlington, so I went to Rosslyn to slug home. Walked right up to a car waiting for a Potomac rider--yaaay for Potomac drivers! [:D]
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2004 at 8:19am
Speaking also for CC, I haven't had trouble finding a ride home yet except for having to wait a bit longer a few times. The drivers are getting better at taking folks to PM, but usually you do have to overlook the fact that any Horner slugs will get picked up first and then you're the table scraps. Either way I get home in good time.

pplmvrs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2004 at 12:00pm
I get to PM around 7am and don't have to wait more then 3 minutes for a rider. If I show up after 7am, sometimes it takes a little longer for a slug but it is still better than Horner
Late rider View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Late rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2004 at 12:36pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic