Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow was the PWC Board meeting last night?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2004 at 12:15pm
You have to read the proposal to see just how heinous a takeover this is: 1. it ends slugging, vanpooling, and carpooling, 2. it creates a road that is technically and unquestionably unsafe, as stated in their proposal itself, 3. it takes a free resource available to any person or business (weekends and nights) and charges for it, 3. it encourages sprawl by extending the pavement way past Fredericksburg, 4. it leaves the burden of violation enforcement still on VDOT's understaffed back, 5. nothing is to be guaranteed except Fluor's and Transurban's fees, and 6. it only encourages, does not incent or provide for, an expanded bus system (so that's someone else's problem,)... so on and so forth....

Anyone want to buy my house? I'm getting out of PWC.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2004 at 11:58am
What disturbs me about the HOT situation is that it is being accepted that the only alternatives are 1) Do nothing and 2) HOT as defined by the two companies. We need to change this. Is VDOT brain dead or have they been paid under the table by these companies to not propose anything else? The decisionmakers (the Regional Transportation Board and BOS) need a whole range of options. Are these other ideas going to have to come from current HOV folks? We shouldnt have to, but if no one does, we get HOT lanes in current form.

My current thoughts involve some kind of toll lane system that leaves the current isolated HOV system alone and connects to HOT on the Beltway. If the HOT people are willing to add lanes to the Beltway to get HOT, why can't they also add lanes to 95 between Fred. and Dale City and leave our HOV lane alone? I am not saying this would work, but for heavens sake we need to discuss some options.

Bob
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2004 at 10:37am
Ha! Ha ha ha! Listen? Listen?!!

A couple of us spoke, but no, they didn't listen. Look at the article in the Fredericksburg paper.

End of discussion, folks. Slugs are going on the extinction list.

ering View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2004 at 9:41am
Hi-

I wasn't able to attend but I am hoping to get an update on how it went. Were the supervisors interested in what commuters were saying or are the HOT lanes a done deal?

Thanks!
Erin [:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic