Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLooking for Allies to Battle HOT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 25>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2005 at 9:28am
I just wanted to re-post the link to the message about signing up for "savehov.org" that was posted several weeks ago. (see the message above by SHIRONS) The website is

www.savehov.org

It is likely that many folks did not catch it the first time. One needs to go to the site and provide name and address info (go to the "member login" area) to become a "member" of the savehov organization. Do it and help save HOV!

Bob

dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2005 at 3:49am
http://www.metroopensdoors.com/

navigate to budget

http://www.picosearch.com/cgi-bin/ts.pl

Billion dollar budget for Washington METRO in 2006.

Does a resident of Fairfax County actually pay $78 per year in taxes for METRO operations? Do people from the rest of the United States actually pay that much for METRO?

Perhaps the people in flyover areas should reevaluate the wisdom of letting the country be governed by anyone NEAR the beltway. At least fiscally.

How do METRO costs compare to slugging?

METRO claims $0.72 operating subsidy per passenger. Possibly slugs should be paid $0.50 per ride? Maybe not in hard cash, but in better parking at both ends of the commute. But then slugs don't have capital costs.

dickboyd@aol.com
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2005 at 8:35am
Just got a long letter from my county (Prince William) supervisor giving the agenda of his upcoming Town Hall Meeting on Monday, 7 Feb. at 7:00pm. One of the topics is the infamous HOT lanes. I strongly suggest that all those interested to show up to voice our opinions and concerns. It is being held at the Lake Ridge Baptist Church. I don't know where that is but the phone number to Corey Stewart's office is 792-4643 to inquire. Now is the time to show a presence.

defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2005 at 11:35am
quote:
Originally posted by ohio 7
[br]Town Hall Meeting on Monday, 7 Feb. at 7:00pm. One of the topics is the infamous HOT lanes. . . . being held at the Lake Ridge Baptist Church. . .

See map at:
http://www.cabinbranch.org/directions.htm

Fuller Underwood II
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2005 at 11:42am
Which supervisor? Corey Stewart? I live in the jurisdiction, so to speak, of Maureen Caddigan. Are we allowed to come if we are from another district? I mean, it's still my county. I understand he's already an opponent of Toll Roads.

(Remember people, they are TOLL ROADS. There will be no High Occupancy aspect to them, so quit calling them HO-anything!)
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2005 at 1:42pm
SpongeBob, it's a free country and county so bring yourself over and soak up any and all of the current info that you can. Yes, he's our new supervisor that replaced Ruth Griggs who is studying to become a lawyer and he is against HOT lanes and excessive development.

You'll have to sit through discussions of our pressing matters in this district but maybe we can get him to address this topic first so you and others, not in the district, can slip out the door when that topic is over.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2005 at 4:15pm
I think I'll take a pass on this meeting because Corey is already one of the converted. Take me to the True Heathens that I may convince them of the evils of Toll Roads!

I look forward to meeting Corey at the next meeting the SAVEHOV citizen's group holds.
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 2:49am
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58803-2005Feb2.html

"Toll Road Drivers May Have to Dig Deeper"
_Washington Post_ - February 3, 2005

'Motorists on the Dulles Toll Road might have to pay as much as a
quarter more at each toll plaza under a proposed increase Virginia
transportation leaders are considering to help pay for a planned
Metrorail extension from Falls Church to Loudoun County.'

dickboyd@aol.com
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 1:03pm
For those interested in the Town Hall meeting hosted by Supervisor Corey Stewart it is at the Lake Ridge Baptist Church located at 12450 Clipper Dr. on the corner of Mariner Dr. on the left, up a small hill. It is this Monday, 7 Feb. at 7:00 pm.

I spoke to one of his staff this morning and asked him to have Mr. Stewart raise the HOT lanes topic first, if possible, in case others want to leave after that topic. If you come, ask if that will happen to gage how long the wait will be. Other topics will be discussed that pertain to his district only.
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 3:19pm
Ohio7

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 25>
  Share Topic