Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Fragrances Please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2004 at 9:22am
quote:
Originally posted by pplmvrs
[br]Gorc,
I am a very good driver for my slugs. I don't keep my car too cold or too hot. I make sure my car is clean. I don't keep my radio too loud, it doesn't bother me if someone gets a phone call. I even had my back light turned on last night because the person in the back seat was trying to read. Just because a person this morning had too much perfume on and it was making me sick does not mean that I shouldn't be a driver. I have been driving in for about 10 years and I really don't have ANY rules. Maybe you are being too critical of the drivers. Just a thought

I agree. If the person has allergies or simply prefers not to be overwhelmed by odors in the morning, our is not to question why...

I have been both a driver and a slug, and this is a symbiotic relationship. I think that a driver would be well within their rights to have a sign that says "Fragrance Free / Non smokers Please."

Live Long and Prosper
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2004 at 9:27am
I slugged one morning out of 234 with a couple in an old Lincoln Town Car. They had, no lie, way over 200 of those little pine-tree-shaped odor thingies hanging in rubber-banded batches of twenty or thirty from every door handle and protrusion in the car. They were in all different scents -- pine, butterscotch, lemon, New Car, licorice... oh, the smell was simply indescribable.
RCA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2004 at 10:02am
LOL@MyDesk!!!!!! WOW. I'm sorry for the Allergies...but that was funny. I suppose there are people who wear too much cologne or perfume - in fact there are some who don't wear enough if you know what I mean...but it seems that we are trying to "over manage" the lines. Good common sense goes a long way - if we start to over-regulate we'll be sorry and mostly upset.

I have ridden with all types - the snorers, the talkers, the stinkers, the smokers, the speeders, the politicians, the cell phone addicts, the arguing couple, the lovey dovey couple, the WAYYYYY too locey dovey couple...My point is - let's take it in stride and enjoy the ride. Too many good people out here to let one apple ruin the bushel.

Late
pplmvrs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2004 at 10:44am
Agreed
KNLNGUS View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KNLNGUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2004 at 10:51am
I used to pick up slugs at taketts enroute to rosslyn. There is one lady who bathes in Indian talc powder. In the summer, with the windows down, I could smell her when I would make that left hand turn passed the slug line (line for rossyln and crystal city). I would pray that by the time I turned around she would get into someone else's vehicle. Sure enough, I got her once, and by the time I arrived at rossyln, my eye lids were swollen and I was sucking on my inhaler (imagine being 75 feet down, out of air in your tank, and you can not find your dive partner). Although I did not tell her that my problem was her bath in talc powder... I did tell her (on a different occasion) that she must get into someone else's vehicle. My leather would absorb that smell and it disgusted me that I could still smell it for a couple days.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2004 at 12:37pm
I still think if a driver's sensitivities are such that he/she must worry and lose sleep over what type of slugs he/she might pick up -- the simple answer is for that driver not to not pick up slugs and find carpool members that aren't offensive to that driver. Too many people are just way too sensitive or stubborn -- and can't find it in their souls to compromise in any way. After all, we're all on this planet for a fairly short time. [;)]
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2004 at 1:03pm
agreed. Too many picky drivers. They shouldn't bother.
pplmvrs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2004 at 4:22pm
I am not picky! I didn't know the lady had so much perfume on until she was in the car. I am NOT going to ask her to get out. That would be rude. I was just making an observation. I still gave her a ride and told her to have a nice day when I dropped her off at the Pentagon. I pick up whoever is next in line. I have NEVER told someone they could not ride with me. I thought we were just having a discussion about perfume, I was not offended by the rider. GEESH!
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2004 at 7:03pm
quote:
[br]I am not picky! I didn't know the lady had so much perfume on until she was in the car. I am NOT going to ask her to get out. That would be rude. I was just making an observation. I still gave her a ride and told her to have a nice day when I dropped her off at the Pentagon. I pick up whoever is next in line. I have NEVER told someone they could not ride with me. I thought we were just having a discussion about perfume, I was not offended by the rider. GEESH!

Don't even sweat it-some folks lack the ability to empathize & use reason. Allergies are allergies + Your question was totally valid.

Seriously-try the sign.

"Sorry-Allergies
Fragrance Free / Non smoking riders only please"

You may find that as the temperature drops, your allergies may die doen a little anyway. I have allergies as well. (I have hay fever and one thing that always sets me off is a body spray called "Impulse.") My nose & eyes are definitely less sensitive during the cooler months.

Good luck

Live Long and Prosper
Uhura View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uhura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2004 at 7:09pm
quote:
[br]I am not picky! I didn't know the lady had so much perfume on until she was in the car. I am NOT going to ask her to get out. That would be rude. I was just making an observation. I still gave her a ride and told her to have a nice day when I dropped her off at the Pentagon. I pick up whoever is next in line. I have NEVER told someone they could not ride with me. I thought we were just having a discussion about perfume, I was not offended by the rider. GEESH!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic