Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

slugging from 234 Dumfries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cool2draw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: slugging from 234 Dumfries
    Posted: 06 Jun 2002 at 11:15am
hi ...

i am about to move to the Dumfries area, right off of 95. i will be slugging, occasionally driving. which lot is primarily used to slug into Crystal City? Likewise, which is the best lot (CC or Pentagon) to go to in the afternoon? Thank you.

Pete

cool2draw@yahoo.com

Edited by - cool2draw on 07 Jun 2002 19:37:24
Sheepish View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2002 at 11:21pm
Pete,
I am not quite sure if you are a driver or rider. I am a driver that lives in Dumfries, so I'll give you my perspective. Dumfries is a great location, especially because you have the option of utilizing many different slug lots. Most lots seem to have people going to Crystal City. Refer to the information provided at this web site on specifics for all the Woodbridge area lots.

The Dumfries/234 lot would be the closest and probably most convenient, however, the lot fills ups early due to its size. Other lots I have picked up from include Potomac Mills, Horner Road, and Tackett's Mill. I just use the back roads to get to them, avoiding 95. Tackett's is my favorite in the mornings because it runs late (which is a Godsend on those days when you've hit the sleeper button on the alarm one too many times . Caution: follow the "standard procedure" for Crystal City/Rosslyn riders (Refer to the "Tacketts [New Lot]etiquette in AM" topic found in the Morning Slug Lines forum).

In the evenings, I always pick up riders at the Pentagon (some are coming from Crystal City), and as a driver, I have the option to choose slugs returning to any of those locations. I don't really have info on slugging directly out of Crystal City, but perhaps others will post some information for you.

One last comment...if you don't already know, Friday afternoons in the summer going southbound on 95 are brutal, especially near the Dumfries exit. Keep in mind that there is no direct access to the 234 lot from the HOV lane. You have to ride in the main lines a bit before exiting, and that can be s-l-o-w! That's why I like having "options."

viper View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2002 at 9:51am
From a rider's perspective, I've not had any problems getting a ride from the 234 lot in over a years worth of slugging. I leave the lot between 0600 and 0620 daily and rarely wait more than 2-3 minutes for a ride. In fact, it's not unusual for a driver to be waiting for me (a rider to the Pentagon).

In addition, there are several riders for 14th Street and Crystal City in the line there every morning, also.

Good luck!

setterpup View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote setterpup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2002 at 7:41pm
Does anyone know if you are allowed to park behind the McDonald's across from the 234 lot? I heard a rumor that this was acceptable. Since the lot fills early, it would be nice to park there when the lot is full.

234Ballston Rosslyn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 234Ballston Rosslyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2002 at 8:44am
I am looking for slugs from the 234 lot to rosslyn or ballston. Where should I post this info or look to find others who are interested?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic