Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610staffordslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
    Posted: 18 Nov 2004 at 10:59am
i would like to know if anyone thinks there will be a problem getting rides on Wednesday?
Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2004 at 11:10am
Good chance. Traffic is usually light on the day before (unless you are at the airport[:D]).
uhura2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2004 at 12:32pm
quote:
Originally posted by 610staffordslug
[br]i would like to know if anyone thinks there will be a problem getting rides on Wednesday?

uhura2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2004 at 12:33pm
quote:
Originally posted by uhura2
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by 610staffordslug
[br]i would like to know if anyone thinks there will be a problem getting rides on Wednesday?

Maybe. I everyone gets released early.
Also, there may be quite a few folks who will take the day off...
rale View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2004 at 1:27pm
My office typically lets us out early the day before Thanksgiving and in the past I arrived at the Pentagon just before 4:00pm. I have always gotten a ride with minimal wait time. The thing I've noticed in past years is that the line of people is much, much shorter, so even with fewer cars, the wait was only a matter of minutes.
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2004 at 1:47pm
quote:
Originally posted by Stuck2
[br]Good chance. Traffic is usually light on the day before (unless you are at the airport[:D]).

Or if you are on I-95 going NORTH, instead of south, what with the entire population of the East Coast trying to reach New York.
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2004 at 4:01pm
Definately get in to work and out of your office early. The earlier the better. I'll slug out of Horner at 0600 and back to Horner from the Pentagon at 1530. Never has been a problem at those times. There seem to be plenty of us still around who cannot afford to take several days off on holidays...
610staffordslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610staffordslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2004 at 2:56pm
Thanks all! I will probably just drive in myself!
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2004 at 3:07pm
I'll be driving to and from CC out of PM. Those of you that know me look for me; I'll even take 3. [:D]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic