Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - keep being dropped off at the first lot at horner!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

keep being dropped off at the first lot at horner!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 1:03pm
I started going to Horner back in April off and on. I assumed that when the driver said Horner they meant anywhere at Horner. I quickly found out that that was not the case. I would forget to ask if they were going to the second lot and two times both male drivers refused to take me. I told them that they should tell folks that BEFORE they get into their car. That is a looooong walk to the new lot and I don't appreciate walking when they can drive down and make a quick U-turn and come back in less than a minute. I now ask everytime. A lot of drivers are shocked that people would be so rude as to NOT take a slug anywhere in the Horner lot.

koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 2:04pm
You are right, common courtesy to take to the second lot. I never really cared where I got dropped off. I figured walking to the last lot is exercise so it is good for me. However, now that it is dark outside, it is not really a good idea for the ladies to be walking in the dark alone. The least bit of distance to walk alone, the better. Most drivers agree and even drop off at the last lot these days. Unfortunately there are still some mean drivers who won't go to the second lot. I don't think that is lazy to not want to walk in the dark alone. Hopefully more drivers will reconsider until Spring comes.
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 3:06pm
I slug from Tackett's but we often swing through the Horner lot in the evenings (Old Bridge is a NIGHTmare at that time) and backtrack to Tackett's. I see that the majority of cars let out at that first little bus shelter right off HOV. That lot is HUGE! To refuse to take a person a minute out of your way because it isn't convenient is unconscionable! Would you do that to your own mothers, wives or daughters; making them walk alone quite a distance in the dark or in bad weather? I'm not saying drivers shouldn't extend a courtesy to MEN as well, but GEEZ!, women walking alone in the dark can result in tragedy!
USA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2004 at 11:42am
quote:
Originally posted by goober
[br]I think that the driver has the right to drop off only at the first lot if you were picked up from the Pentagon, Crystal City or Rosslyn. But if you were picked up in DC and they won't go to the second lot, that would be rude and should the driver chastised because they must have picked up at the second lot in the morning. Exceptions may apply, since I see it in general terms because the driver could have conceivably (but unlikely) picked up at the first lot in the AM and picked slugs up in DC.

That's assuming they did in fact pick up in the AM--it's also entirely possible that the driver may not have picked up anyone in the morning and picks up slugs only in the afternoons.
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2004 at 12:10pm
PT, good for you and good for me!
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2004 at 2:26pm
USA, good point. I suppose there may be other exceptions. The bottom line may be that we rely on the honor and good will of everyone that participates in slugging. I believe everyone should initially be considered "good" but there will always be a few bad apples that spoil it for everyone.[:D]

Goober
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic