Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - keep being dropped off at the first lot at horner!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

keep being dropped off at the first lot at horner!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: keep being dropped off at the first lot at horner!
    Posted: 24 Nov 2004 at 8:18pm
Today for the second day on a row the driver refuse to drop their slugs on the second lot of Horner road. They simply said, I ONLY DROP PEOPLE OFF AT THE FIRST LOT. I think this is just very un-courteous of them and I guess now we have to ask if they go to the second lot or not at Horner road. It was raining and I had parked my car in the third lot that is quite a walk.

Think about it, In the morning you wont take a ride if a car goes to F street and you are going to G, you just wait for the someone else going to G. In the afternoon there is no such a thing, Usually people just are courteous enough specially on a rainy day to go the extra 100 feet and then turn around if they need to go back into 95, but these is a recurring case already... does anybody else experience this or is it just a coincidence?
mlrdad View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlrdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2004 at 8:42am
It is the usual for me, but it doesn't bother me since I am am not paying for the ride. Even in the rain, the short extra walk is probably good for one also.[:D]
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2004 at 11:37am
I think you should start asking drivers in the evenings if they are willing to drop you off at your lot before accepting the ride if this is becoming an issue for you. I've noticed at the Horner lot drivers usually take slugs to the AM pick up point regardless of where you had to park your car. I agree it is more of an inconvenience for the slug to walk than for the driver to possibly have to make a U-turn because he wanted to exit via pkwy instead of Telegraph. Then again slugging IS a free service and it is all about flexibility. Like I said the best thing to do is to ask before riding, or switch lots. ;)

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2004 at 2:29pm
I think that the driver has the right to drop off only at the first lot if you were picked up from the Pentagon, Crystal City or Rosslyn. But if you were picked up in DC and they won't go to the second lot, that would be rude and should the driver chastised because they must have picked up at the second lot in the morning. Exceptions may apply, since I see it in general terms because the driver could have conceivably (but unlikely) picked up at the first lot in the AM and picked slugs up in DC.

Goober
yvan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2004 at 5:50pm
goober has a good point, if they picked up from pentagon or crystal city that would make sense, other than that the driver should be taking the slug at the starting destination. I was picked up in DC and my fellow slugger was a female who had to walk to the 3rd lot by herself.... Horner lot is a big one, and it is dark now at 6 pm. I realize it is free ride, but it goes both ways, without the slugger they could not take the HOV lanes.
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2004 at 8:12am
yvan,

It's sad your driver would not take you to the next lot, especially since you asked. When I picked up at Rosslyn or (occasionally) the P'gon, I would assume the riders were going to the first Horner stop. One day, a woman asked if I would take her to the second Horner stop. No prob...with the chaos at Horner, it's actually easier to turn around and come back to the first stop for a right-hand turn to the light. But it was a wake-up call for me to start asking riders which stop they needed.
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2004 at 12:55pm
On the flip side, a couple of weeks ago, I was dropped off at the second lot. As I was walking on the sidewalk, a woman pulled up next to me and asked if I was in the 3rd lot, presumably to take me closer to my car had I been parked there. Given that it was dark and I was pretty much a lone female, I very much appreciated her offer. I had had a bad day, and her thoughtfulness really brightened it for me. [:)]
slugguru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugguru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2004 at 1:05pm
When i drive, i always ask which lot you r parked in.......It takes me maybe an extra 30 seconds to drive a little ways down and make a u-turn....
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2004 at 1:53pm
Just as before accepting the ride, it's that simple.
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 8:09am
L to the AZY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic