Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inspection Stickers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-For-HOV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inspection Stickers
    Posted: 03 Dec 2004 at 9:36am
I know this is a slugging board but you all have been so helpful with other issues related to commuting.

I got a ticket today for an expired inspection sticker (expired 11/04). The ticket will cost me $30 + $57 (for court costs) = $87 total.

Has anyone ever gone to court to fight one, considering it's only 3 days past due? Is it a simple process?
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2004 at 10:06am
I received a ticket for an expired inspection while dropping someone off at Reagan National Airport. The officer was just standing there eyeing cars. Anyway - if it was expired - time to pay up.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2004 at 10:18am
If you go to court with the receipt indicating that you passed inspection, they will usually drop everything. You may not have to wait around if you see the prosecutor and issuing officer prior to the court session. If it's worth the $87 to you...
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2004 at 2:31pm
A couple of years ago, I got a ticket after just one day past due. I thought about fighting it, but didn't. Baz is right, "if it was expired..."
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2004 at 8:06am
mmmmmm Past due means past due.......
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2004 at 8:52am
Unfortunately, this is one of those areas where expires the end of month means end of month.

Unless you can show that you were incapacitated, deathly ill, deployed or something similar, you'll have to explain what you were doing the entire month that kept you from going to get your car inspected. Doesn't appear that "I forgot" will work.

Probably best to pay the fine and move on. Keep on sluggin' ! [:I]
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2004 at 12:18pm
Gotta love those keystone cops defending justice and the american way, oh, and giving out tickets like that..

protocol View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote protocol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2004 at 12:36pm
Man, why must they be "keystone kops" when they enforce a law? Is it because it's a law you deem less important? It is REALLY easy to not get a ticket for an expired sticker: put the new one on.
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2004 at 4:28pm
Pay it. It's not a moving violation and it's not worth your time to go to court. Sometimes we just gotta admit we screwed up and pay the Piper.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2004 at 2:32pm
adjguy, considering what I pay each year in personal property tax, I'm GLAD they are giving tickets for expired stickers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic