Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to sit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2004 at 4:18pm
Ktzmom, that is exactly what I do. That's why I asked the question, to see what others do. It just seems natural to me to get in back first but it kinda sounds like you and I may very well be in the minority in that regard. Oh, well. Keep on gettin' in back. :)

Eric
PM to Rosslyn
muschi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2004 at 11:08am
its the syphiliis u will hav to forgiv me [it Affects my speeling ability 2] ha . ah its xmas and theres very lil work to do.
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2004 at 11:41am
muschi...I actually believe youre telling the truth this time.
goldbell View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2004 at 3:55pm
It does matter to me to some degree as a driver I have a problem with people with a lot of bags etc.. that want to sit up front with me auh NO! I have to ask on occassion Ma'am/Sir can you please readjust your bags I can't see out of the mirror to pass, once I had a lady I guess she had dozed off and I have an automatic/manual gear shift that sits between the driver and the passanger seats, one of her bags slide off her lap and knocked the gear into manual. That was the one time I was glad to be sitting in one of the HOV early morning stand stills. And now when I see the person coming towards my car with a lot of bags I ask them to please sit in the back seat with all those bags.

goldbell
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2004 at 6:39pm
goldbell, I agree with your method of handling persons with "several" bags. To me, "several" is a briefcase and a purse or lunch bag (or similar). But if it's more than that (like a large backpack, luggage, or carry-ons), I pop the trunk and tell the slug to please put the big one (or ones) in the trunk. Fortunately, I can open my trunk remotely from the driver's seat. Never had a problem the one or two times that's happened. [:I]

CarlEric, the protocol I've seen in Springfield is the first person in the slug line gets his or her choice of front or back seat (or to pass on that ride). 2nd person gets what's left (or passes on that ride). [:)]
vogelhut View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vogelhut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2005 at 11:59am
I agree with the first slug gets to choose option. Sometimes I need the extra room for my bag, so I prefer the back.

Jonas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic