Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to sit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to sit
    Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 11:55am
Lately I have noticed that the first person to the car has been getting into the front. I had thought that the first person traditionally got in the back, but maybe that's just me. I know this is not exactly an issue of each-shaking importance but I admit to some curiosity as to what the slugging community's experience was: The first rider to a car should get in front, in back, or wherever s/he'd like?

Eric
PM to Rosslyn
610staffordslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610staffordslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 12:02pm
I would say that is a matter of preference.
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 12:21pm
yeah, I seriously wouldn't see why it would matter. I've had very chivalrous men open the front door for me, but I would normally choose the backseat, but whoever gets there first has dibs I guess. Sit wherever you like except the driver's lap. [;)]
uhura. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 12:23pm
The first person in line get the choice of sitting in the back or the front. The second person gets what is left or can wait for the next vehicle. Please remember that Early Riders should go to the Mine Road Lot and Late Riders to the Old 610 Lot.
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 12:26pm
Definately a matter of preference. When I'm first to a larger car, I'm hoppin in the back. For one, I usually want to get some shut-eye and its easier not to have to chat with the driver. I'm 6'-3", so if a VW Beetle pulls up (If I don't pass on it completely), I'm gettin in the front for more leg-room. So if I happen to be the second person to the car, I'll take sloppy seconds. Cause I need the ride! I would also think most people would be cosiderate enuf to give up the back seat ride for a person with "baggage or carry-on items".
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 12:31pm
How about a two door car? The first person crunches into the rear because that is the natural sequence?

Goober
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 12:36pm
When it's a two door car and I'm first in line, I ask the other person where his/her destination is. If they need to go further than I'm going I take the front seat.
Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 12:39pm
Matter of preference and first come first serve. I get motion sickness sitting in the back.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 1:13pm
Drivers should let the slugs sort it out. I've always thought the "protocol" for cars is the 1st slug in line gets her preference of front or back - and 2nd slug takes, or passes on, the remaining seat(s). I slugged once where a reverend in a 15-passenger church van picked up nine or ten Sydenstricker slugs at the Pentagon. We all just piled in, and the 1st slug from the line sat up front with the preacher. Just keep those slug lines moving! [:)] Keep on sluggin' ! [8D]
JeanB. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeanB. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2004 at 1:35pm
There used to be another web site about slugging that cited additional rules and etiquette. Those rules stated that the slug closest to the front of the line (not the person who gets to the car first) had the option to chose front or back. Sounds reasonable.

JeanB.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic