Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

51st Delegate Survey

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 51st Delegate Survey
    Posted: 15 Dec 2004 at 10:06am
MAKE YOUR VIEWS KNOWN!!

Delegate Michelle McQuigg (51st District representative to the Virginia House of Delegates) has a pre-legistlative session survey on her website asking about HOT Lanes (and a bunch of other topics). If anyone is interested in making their view known, here is the link: http://www.digital-wise.com/51/pre05surv.cfm

Thanks jlcnole....
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2004 at 10:27am
C'mon people -- please complete the survey. Maybe the numbers will give these politicians something to think about, McQuigg anyway.

Some of the questions make assumptions or provide no other alternatives, like:

9. If you had to choose, would you choose no more lanes being built on I-95, I-66 and I-495? or having congestion pricing tolls on some lanes?

Goober
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2004 at 11:19am
I believe I had 3 chances to opine on HOV-1 (Hybrids) and HOT in the "Other" boxes, so I did. I opposed HOT & the possibility of allowing hybrids to run HOV with only one person past July 2006. Too bad we can't get rid of them before then...
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2004 at 12:57pm
yeah, what is up with #9? Not much choice there.
JK 14 n G View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK 14 n G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2004 at 2:29pm
I have 2 years experience in survey research, and this entire survey is poorly written and totally unscientific! The free fields allow you to write words, "X" or anything you'd like, and will not result in any sort of continuity. As much as I am an advocate of polling, and I did participate in this one, I can assure you that some untrained intern in her office will be responsible for downloading the information and preparing a report. She might get a general idea about what constituents are thinking, but due to the limited response choices, the real sentiments of the public will not be represented.
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2004 at 2:45pm
I have no training in survey research, but it was clear that the survey was poorly written. Never mind, you participated and hopefully it's one more point towards getting the anti-HOT thinking into McQuigg's mind.

On a similar note, please visit the HOT Lanes Discussion Forum and check out how Hirons is willing to help us. The thread is titled "Potomac News Article on HOT Lanes"

Goober
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic