Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To the driver with a terrible cold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 2:16pm
I agree with everyone -- if you are sick for goodness sakes please ride by yourself. Sometimes you just have to get to work, sick or not, so staying home is not an option. But the bio suit was a good idea -- don't leave home without it. If you are being thrifty, duct tape and plastic will work.
uhura2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2004 at 9:20am
Wow.

I am inclined to share your sentiments. It really irks me when someone who is obviously sick feels absolutely no guilt about "sharing."

You guys may not know this, but the most contagious time for somone with a viral respiratory infection (common cold) is actually 72 hours PRIOR to becoming symptomatic. ie Someone who is infected but walking around looking quite healthy is extremely contagious...

Using the slug system, one of the "sacrifices" we make is exposure to people we otherwise would have no contact with...not to mention the door handles that are touched by so many strangers getting into and out of people's cars...

Yuck...

Since I have a healthy immune system I plan to continue slugging.
muschi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2004 at 12:29pm
hmm, i wonder if my syphilis is a problem?[:0]
cedarcitynative View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedarcitynative Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2004 at 3:01pm
Muschi,

Grow up and take your bad attempts at humor to some other forum. This forum is not the place to make such inane comments!
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2004 at 3:50pm
I was going to say something when I first read muschi's comment, but figured it was futile. He or she just doesn't get it. For a true definition of inaneness, see any other of his/her replies injected into other topics. Same ole samey.
motownldy199 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motownldy199 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2004 at 1:18pm
Look, illness is a possible by-product of slugging. It's a risk you take. And if the driver didn't have health insurance or was an hourly worker, perhaps they couldn't take off from work.

Finally, as someone who cared for a person with a repressed immune system (until they passed away), I did not take public transportation for the few months I cared for that person. I used hand sanitizer and took other precautions. There are things that can be done to prevent passing a virus or infection to someone else--but it's a two-way street. If it's flu season, it's on YOU to take precautions to defend yourself from catching a cold or flu.

Or, better still, drive yourself to work.

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2005 at 8:15pm
Grow up, KatieM.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2005 at 6:58am
RLD,

Your "But it's not" line sure is "punny"! LOL.[;)]

Keep on Sluggin'!
muschi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2005 at 10:12am
i had a cougher in my car the other day. and i thought of your comments katieM. and developed some of my own:

1. if theres a germ going around im gonna catch it sooner or later so i might as well get a tolerance to it now.

2. i ought to keep cough drops in the car to give these people so they cough less [when she put one in eventually, she stopped coughing]

3. if anyone is so opposed to coughers, snifflers [or even droolers ha] POST A SIGN in big font that says,

"such and such town
(no sick people [and no old folks, ha])"

4. u could be taking the Metro, a steel tube loaded like sardines with HUNDREDS of potentially sick people of which someone is sick at any one given point in time. hop on the orange line in vienna to rosslyn one morning and u will see. people are crammed tight - so tight they ought to wear prophylactics [ha]. how tight u ask? so tight sometimes i feel as if i ought to buy them dinner first. [thank u for coming to the show folks. drive home safe. ha] [:p]
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2005 at 1:29pm
ok, the whole syphilis joke was pretty harsh. BUT- the metro sardine can thing, SOOOOOOOOOOO TRU!!!! germs, germs, everywhere. You ever seen the hair grease and funky hand goo prints on the glass, at any given time???? Makes you think. Go Muschi.

:'}
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic