Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To the driver with a terrible cold

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To the driver with a terrible cold
    Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 9:56am
I would like to thank you a whole friggin' LOT for imposing your cold germs on me and my fellow slug this morning. Had I known before entering your car that you were so sick, I would have gone on to the next car in line. But you didn't have a sign in your window, nor did you tell me yourself so that I would have a CHOICE in the matter.

You sneezed, sniffed, coughed and blew your nose for our entire ride. The windows were closed tight, so where do you think the germs you were spewing with each sneeze went? Into your RIDERS' respiratory systems! And guess what happens to me and my fellow slug next?! No doubt, within a few days incubation period, we TOO will be the miserable, snotty creature you were this morning. I'm sure your co-workers will curse you for coming in to work sick to ensure you shared the Black Plague with them!

Because I care about the health of others, I will stay home with my cold. I just hope my cold doesn't extend into Christmas where I will have to stay home instead of going to my parent's house. My father is elderly and in poor health. A "little cold" to US is enough to land HIM in the hospital. So again, thanks a HELL of a lot for sharing!

Drivers, riders: if you're sick, stay home. If you can't stay home, ride to work alone. How inconsiderate to knowingly expose, at a minimum, two healthy people to an illness they may otherwise not have contracted, had it not been for YOU!

goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 10:43am
Some people have no common sense. Please let us know if you do come down with the cold -- you might not get sick if your resistance is up.

BTW, did you give the driver the same dose of chastisement as you did in your post [?]

Goober
uhura. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 10:56am
of course she didn't
610staffordslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610staffordslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 11:16am
Tis the season for the sniffles. If you can't handle the snot, drive yourself!!!!!!!!!
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 11:58am
staffordslug - you'd feel the same if it'd been you, especially with Christmas coming up. Unless, of course, you have no family or friends in the picture.

uhura - you're right.

goober - thanks. You know how we vent here, but never manage the courage to say a peep to the driver...
610staffordslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610staffordslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 12:54pm
I have been in the situation, as both a driver and a slug. If you are soooo concerned about your health and the health of your family, I say to you again....just drive yourself!
Stuck2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 12:56pm
Invest in a mask and wear gloves.
uhura. View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uhura. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 1:13pm
That would be just awesome if you got into a car wearing a Bio Suit with a gas mask/rebreather.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 1:26pm
She's right, you know. This flu season could be the worst in decades, and people need to be considerate and not expose others needlessly to cold and flu germs. And it is needless to go to work and it is not necessary to pick up slugs. You don't have to put someone in your car and spew germs on them. How's a slug supposed to guage the severity of your condition before the car is driving away?

Stay home if you are ill. It oughta be a law.

And back off the vitriol, people. None of us know her personal situation? What if she has someone at home with AIDS, or an elderly parent who lives with her, or she's a nurse? She has a right to bitch.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 1:47pm
That would be just awesome if you got into a car wearing a Bio Suit with a gas mask/rebreather.uhura.

Thanks, I laughed so hard I snorted!!

:'}
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic