Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Empty gas tanks and car maintenance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Empty gas tanks and car maintenance
    Posted: 15 Jun 2002 at 3:13pm
I rode yesterday from Rosslyn with someone who had essentially an empty gas tank. Didn't notice until we had already pulled out and sweated it out all the way home. The gauge was below the empty mark. Slugs - you have a right to refuse a ride if the gas tank is on empty!
How about a "1/16" rule to pick up slugs?

rale View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2002 at 8:15am
After 15 years of slugging, I believe that this has to be a rare occurrence and this system is not going to work if we make "rules" for every situation - just use your common sense. Things happen. Maybe the driver was distracted. We all get that way sometimes. Lighten up.

Cas View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2002 at 8:20am
I agree with Rale. Use common sense - if you don't want to ride with a particular driver again that is YOUR choice. Common sense for the individual - not rules for all. With all due respect, this gas "rule" is WAY beyond being too much.

Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2002 at 8:48am
The 1/16 comment was intended to be humorous.

jammie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2002 at 8:59am
Good grief!!!! A gas rule??? Unless a certain situation is out of control, WHICH EMPTY GAS TANKS ARE NOT, a gas rule is pointless. Come on now!!
jammie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2002 at 9:05am
Sorry. You did sound serious!

Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2002 at 11:46am
Are you sure it was empty? May have been a broken gas gage. I have a new Honda where the gage reads almost empty when I still have a half-tank (about 200 miles) left.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic