Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV Lanes ARE NOT a Speedway

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2005 at 4:05pm
I don't know where you guys are driving, but even this morning I didn't get much above 65mph due to the traffic. I try go the same speed the traffic around me is doing, as long as they are under 80.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2005 at 12:16pm
Oh god, not the "speed kills" thread again. We beat this one to death last time......
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2005 at 12:29pm
Im going to continue to drive the speed limit wherever I am because that is what the law says to do. If you tailgate me, I will be more aware of my surroundings and make double sure Im obeying every traffic law. If you honk your horn and flash obsenities, expect a friendly smile and a wave.

Before you hit someone because you are tailgating, or cutting people off, make sure your insurance cover's aggressive driving.

SLOW DOWN
muschi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2005 at 1:25pm
i have a tried and true solution for tailgaters:

1. drive like u r on something/drunk [they back off REAAALL quick ]

2. go even slower

2.1 oh and leave your blinker on like your grandma in sarasota does when she goes to the clubhouse with her girlfriends, i.e. like as if u r making a right while u r in the right hand lane [and yeah the wipers sound like a great idea, thanks!][:D]

2.2 put yer hazards on [:D]

a little controversial:

3. jettison things

and always , always SMILE!
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2005 at 2:19pm
What a "clean way" of getting rid of aggressive drivers!!![:D]
ScarletLSG View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletLSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2005 at 3:11pm
RoadRunner,

WHAT A FUNNY idea.

ScarletLSG

goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2005 at 3:38pm
However, you need to size up the other driver before trying something like that or anything that might antagonize -- road rage is real!

Goober
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2005 at 8:20am
You guys crack me up, and the boards seem to be a bit stale lately. Again it's another speed thread, and I think what it really comes down to is not so much the speeding than it is the aggressive driving. Because if we all drove the same speed, say 80 mph, but gave enough space between cars and didn't weave all over the place no one would complaint. I'm sure some people are complaining that driving 65 mph is too fast for them too cuz they get sideswiped. It's also the need to be moving constantly, people hate feeling slow and blocked, and that's what happens in traffic. I drive faster than my spouse but with caution, but he's more aggressive at a slower pace, tailgating most cars at 70 mph. So who's worse? It's the new year, even old thread topics need a rest. [:o)]

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
fed up View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fed up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2005 at 10:59am
By way of agreement with the HOV lanes becoming a speedway, this morning I was driving at approximately 65 mph in the mixing bowl area where the posted speed limit is only 50 mph due to the construction. I was in the right lane (where I am suppose to be). I noticed ahead of me a car traveling much slower than at my speed. I checked my rear view and side mirrors to ensure that I had plenty of space to change lanes to pass the slower car. Once I was in the left lane and in the process of passing the slower car, up on my bumper comes a gray Toyota Matrix (license plate HT WNGS). Before I had a chance to finish passing the slower car I am being flashed headlights. At the soonest and safest opportunity, I signaled that I wanted to change lanes. As I glanced in my mirrors, I noticed HT WNGS was beginning to move to the right lane to pass me, but quickly straighted out once they realized I was returning to the "slow lane."

In this area, going 70+ mph is considered reckless driving since the posted speed limit is 50. I was still going 15 mph over the posted limit as it was. There was absolutely no need for this person to do what they did. It was not like I had changed lanes quickly and cut this individual off. There was more than the recommended car lengths between my vehicle and HT WNGS and it was obvious why I changed lanes. Drivers like this particular individual invite road rage and I think we all need to chill just a bit.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2005 at 9:06am
fed_up, if he was "up on my bumper" like you said, then you did not have "plenty of space" to change lanes and pass the slower car. When looking to change lanes to pass you have to notice not only the amount of space, but how fast the cars behind you are traveling. If he was on you that fast, then he was of course going faster than your (already speeding) 65, but you still cut in front of him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic