Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Request for courtesy in Crystal City...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Request for courtesy in Crystal City...
    Posted: 13 Jan 2005 at 10:48am
I have noticed several drivers snagging riders before they get to the front of the line at the CC afternoon slugline. I've also noticed several riders accepting those rides. PLEASE STOP THIS as the drivers waiting at the front have probably been there a while and would appreciate the courtesy. And yes, I've asked riders if they would please go check the cars in front first if they get in my car too early. I'll continue to do that and if that upsets you as a rider, please bypass my car entirely. It might cost me a few extra minutes, but I'll feel better. Thank you for your time...
gj View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2005 at 12:42pm
I agree. I slug from CC and see this happening alot lately. Fellow sluggers, it only takes a few extra seconds to walk all the way to the front of the line to see where that car is going.

gj
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2005 at 1:35pm
I picked up slugs for 610 yesterday afternoon and noticed that there are a line of cars, and a line of people, and only 1/2 the people had a sign as to where they were going, I actually had to yell out the window to see who was going were, and a women from the end of the line was going our way, i think that part of the problem is once again, lack of organization. I am not going to sit in a line of cars who are picking up for 17, when I am going to 610, just to be polite.

:'}
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2005 at 10:02am
The signs can work both ways. I always found more/speedier success picking up at Herndon-Monroe when I put up my sign in the window saying I was going to Rosslyn/Downtown than on days where I just sat waiting. Drivers can put a sign up in their window giving their destination, and it will work better for the slugs also.
WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2005 at 11:58am
I have noticed in the past few months that there has been more cars than slugs in the evenings at CC. Most of the time when I leave work it's already dusk, and makes it worthless to have a sign that no one can read. I find it most helpful when drivers put up large signs indicating where they are willing to go, because I can walk down the line of cars and read it clearly and not have to ask each driver. And thanks to those drivers who have been more flexible with Potomac Mills lately as well.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic