Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedfinally saw the Ford Hybrid this morning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: finally saw the Ford Hybrid this morning
    Posted: 14 Jan 2005 at 7:04am
one of those Ford SUVs with hybrid tags in the 95 HOV lanes. It looked odd to see something that big with hybrid plates. Yup, times they are a-changin'.
dixeedog View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dixeedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2005 at 7:35am
djfkl
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2005 at 10:50am
And I sat at a light behind a Ford Taurus SES with CF plates.

Yeah, like it gets better mileage than a 1999 Civic Coupe.
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2005 at 3:13pm
quote:
Originally posted by qorc
[br]one of those Ford SUVs with hybrid tags in the 95 HOV lanes. It looked odd to see something that big with hybrid plates. Yup, times they are a-changin'.

I saw one yesterday qorc. It does look odd, but it looks just as strange with only one person sitting in there.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2005 at 3:47pm
quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob
[br]And I sat at a light behind a Ford Taurus SES with CF plates.

Yeah, like it gets better mileage than a 1999 Civic Coupe.

I bet the Taurus' emissions would put every hybrid to shame.
terratoo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terratoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 12:48pm
I heard that there are some Hybrid vehicles that are actually not HOV-eligible. Anyone else heard this?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 1:24pm
qorc,
I saw a silver/gray Ford Escape hybrid a couple of weeks ago about 4:30 PM in the Pentagon parking lot, and it had 3 SOBs (Souls On Board).
It had Va temp tags and was headed directly toward the HOV lanes.
Way to go, Escape hybrid driver!
Anybody seen the Lexus hybrid yet?
Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 1:50pm
lexus hybrid PREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETY!!!

:'}
Subaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 2:12pm
quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE
qorc,
I saw a silver/gray Ford Escape hybrid a couple of weeks ago about 4:30 PM in the Pentagon parking lot, and it had 3 SOBs (Souls On Board).
It had Va temp tags and was headed directly toward the HOV lanes.
Way to go, Escape hybrid driver!
Anybody seen the Lexus hybrid yet?
Keep on sluggin'! [:)]

Probably because he realized its against the HOV laws to drive in the HOV lanes without a CF plate. I have seen many driving thorugh with 30 day tags and that is illegal. You MUST have Virginia CF plates. Even if your going from NY to FL and going through Virginia in your prius, you CANNOT hop on the HOV lanes.

-Rob
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 3:00pm
got a neighbor who has a Prius, has never got the CF tags, and for 2 years, has never been pulled over.

actually, I can't remember the last time I even SAW enforcement in the mornings.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic