Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedfinally saw the Ford Hybrid this morning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terratoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 3:16pm
True that, gorc. Where are our state boys keeping the streets clean of HOV violators??
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 4:40pm
Don't understand the Escape Hybrid. They (car magazines) estimated it would take 8 years (think that was the final number) to make up the $$$ difference (in paying the extra amount over the regular Escape) in the gas savings.....

Ok, you get into the HOV lanes, but that's a high membership fee for something that is (hopefully) going away in '06
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2005 at 5:14pm
quote:
Originally posted by terratoo
[br]I heard that there are some Hybrid vehicles that are actually not HOV-eligible. Anyone else heard this?

Everything that I've read seems to say the state doesn't have the authority to allow some hybrids but not others. I think that is a strange interpretation of the law, but it seems to be what all the "powers that be" believe.
Subaru View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subaru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2005 at 7:01am
quote:
Originally posted by Wagonman
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by terratoo
[br]I heard that there are some Hybrid vehicles that are actually not HOV-eligible. Anyone else heard this?

Everything that I've read seems to say the state doesn't have the authority to allow some hybrids but not others. I think that is a strange interpretation of the law, but it seems to be what all the "powers that be" believe.

Well I "heard" that the new accord hybrid wasnt going to be allowed CF plates.

-Rob
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2005 at 8:21am
Its been a long time since Ive seen HOV enforcement. I cant imagine the police looking for temporary tags on cars to pull people over when they cant even enforce not having 3 people in a car. Theres so much more money the state could be making by ticketing HOV violators. Why theyre not out there more dumfounds me.
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2005 at 8:48am
SluDge,
Can I just say, very clever on the SOB!
So it doesn't matter that they will not issue any more CF tags since the Law doesn't look for them? hmpf.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2005 at 10:17am
kgirl,
Thank you..... and "SOBs" can also mean "Slugs On Board".
Have a great weekend, and
Keep on sluggin'! [;)]
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2005 at 1:38pm
quote:

Well I "heard" that the new accord hybrid wasnt going to be allowed CF plates.

-Rob

This is a link to the report on HOV congestion. http://www.virginiadot.org/infoservice/resources/HOV%20Task%20Force%20Report%201-4-05.pdf
In this report(page 10 of 12, or page 16 of the PDF) they state that state law or current policy doesn't allow discrimination with issuing CF plates. Either all hybrids or no hybrids get the plates. Now, if it is just policy, that can change rather easily. But I doubt DMV or DEQ is going to jump into the fray and put themselves in the line of sight of hybrid opponents or proponents by making a policy change. The change is going to need to come from the legislature or be forced on the state by the feds.
BTW, I hope you are correct, and I'm wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic