Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any Rides Available from Severn, MD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Moore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Rides Available from Severn, MD
    Posted: 21 Jun 2002 at 10:44pm
Hello all. I am new to the area and bought a house in Severn, MD. I will be shift working at the Pentagon. Two days 0600-1400, followed by two days 1400-2200, then two days 2200-0600, finishing with four days off. I have heard about slugging and have yet to read through all of the information available. I just wanted to get an opinion from you while I read into it more.

Thanks.
Matthew Moore

Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2002 at 7:24am
Matthew,
Slugging is a great way to commute but unfortunately it doesn't occur everywhere. Even though MD has HOV lanes, Slugging just has not developed in that area yet. The main reason Slugging works on I95 South is the dedicated HOV lanes with specific entry and exit points. That, coupled with strict enforcement, has made Slugging possible.

There have been efforts to start Slugging outside the I95 South corridor but none have fully developed (...yet).

Hope this helps.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic