Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What a disaster!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What a disaster!
    Posted: 19 Jan 2005 at 8:04pm
I feel sorry for all the slugs today. One hour to get from Rosslyn, to the HOV lanes, then to see that it's "open to all.." No wonder there weren't any rides this afternoon. I have no idea how VDOT will justify this crap, at least that anyone will buy.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2005 at 7:52am
It was a tough day. I waited for 1 hr and 45 minutes before getting into a car half frozen. Left the office at 4:00 and got home at 7:45.
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2005 at 9:18am
It took me 5 hours to get home to Fredericksburg from DC yesterday. Apparently the HOV signs were incorrect. I was lucky enough to be picked up by a driver after waiting an hour for the bus (IMO, OmniRide has a lot more explaining to do than anyone else). Anyway, they had the radio on, and the DJs said the entire time that the HOV lanes were NOT open. There was certainly a miscommunication somewhere.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2005 at 10:27am
Somebody at VDOT fouled up. As we approached the HOV entrance from Rosslyn to 395, one overhead sign said HOV open and the next one had the regular HOV sign. Then as we approached Springfield, I noticed the sign boards were just turned off.
cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2005 at 9:38am
Took me four hours to get from Rosslyn to Potomac Mills on Wed. I left work at 3:30 and got there at 7:20. Of course, we had a flat tire, but I still think it would have taken at least three hours.

Were the regular lanes moving faster than the HOV lanes?
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2005 at 10:57am
Then on Thursday, they (VDOT) had the HOV lanes going southbound all day. I had to work that day and traffic in the morning, going north, was slow at times, but overall ok. What was VDOT's rationale for doing that?

Goober
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2005 at 12:55pm
Its unreal that this could happen with an inch of snow. During a real terrorist threat....what will happen??!! It was chaos and will be the same way if we ever come under another attack. Have your wills up to date.
pplmvrs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2005 at 1:49pm
HOV was going south yesterday morning because the 14th Street bridge was closed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic