Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cell Phone Etiquette Reminder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2005 at 11:31am
ohio 7- As a non cell phone user, you shouldnt have such a negative opinion about the benefits of owning a cell phone. I personally do not have a land line phone, and use my cell as my home number. Because my cell phone bill is more affordable than a land line. Did you ever stop to think that people let there families know that they are getting into a car for a legitimate reason? You may want to get out of the stone age and think about modern technology being a benefit, not an annoyance.

:'}
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2005 at 11:46am
Modern technology is a "benefit" for you until you annoy me with your use of it. No one minds a quick update phone call to a family member, so everyone please quit trying to use that as justification for all other cell use.

Want to use your cell for a quick call in one of the Sponge-mobiles? Thanks for asking. Go ahead!

But the Slug Rules of Etiquette, carefully and thoughtfully developed like a coral reef by generations of slugs, say very clearly No Cell Phone Use as a Rider.

Why is this hard for some people to accept? Is it an age thing?
Tonka Truck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tonka Truck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2005 at 3:24pm
I agree with SB, I rode with this one guy that clearly and kindly states his dissatisfaction with long term cell phone use during the ride. He also reminds us of how safe of a driver he is and then goes into his life story until we get to the lot. Win some loose some.
mfassler View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mfassler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2005 at 10:50am
I certainly am a cell-phone user, although I have a speakerphone in my car, and if there are others around, I'll use my headset. What is the difference between two slugs talking to each other and one slug talking on a cell phone?

Now, they certainly should not be LOUD about it, but I have no problems with my slugs making phone calls. Besides, we have frequently put the call on speaker and all joined in. It makes the ride much better if there is conversation going on to cheer up the commuting woes.

But all things are only good in moderation; so please be polite, but, IMHO, there shouldn't be speaking restrictions, to others via cell signal, or just across the car.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic