Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Angry Driver Story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Angry Driver Story
    Posted: 02 Feb 2005 at 8:48am
I was slugging home from Crystal City last night. As I walked towards the line of cars I saw a woman standing at the second car talking to the driver. Being that I slug out of a minority destination (i.e. Not Horner Rd), it is safe to assume that she was going to either Potomac Mills or Tacketts Mill. So I approached her before I was going to walk up to the first car and asked where she was heading. She said Potomac Mills. Then I asked if she had approached the first car and found out where he was going. She said he mentioned Horner Rd or Tacketts Mill which is why she kept going. The driver in the second car was new to slugging and he was willing to go to anywhere in Dale City, so after a few quick words we were prepared to hop in and zoom off, perfect situation I thought.

Next thing I know the guy from the first car/pickup jumps out and starts yelling at the woman who had passed him by and was my fellow slugger for the evening. He is furious and yelling about us leaving in the second car when he's still waiting there. Then he blames the woman for not telling him where she was going. All at the same time the woman is screaming back at him, telling him that he called out his destinations and didn't mention Potomac Mills so she moved on. She yells back again saying that it's her right to choose not to ride in his truck anyways. So after a few rounds of screaming and me being in shock at the situation, we get into the car and the guy returns to his truck in rage. Then the three of us laughed at the whole mess, reviewed the slugging etiquette, then headed home.

The guy was probably mad because he thought the lady snagged me and the car behind him was able to leave while he stood there waiting longer. But this was not the case here because I made sure to ask where he was going from the woman slug before I considered the second car. As defensively volatile as she was, the woman was right because she: 1. Has the right to reject a ride and 2. Did not have to bother mentioning her destination if the driver called out his and it wasn't where she was going. In CC line there's only 3 lots in WB area, so if you're calling out two of them then obviously if the slug kept walking it meant they were going to the third. Many times a driver might hesitate and call the slug back and ask where they're going and may or may not accept them. But typically if you call out a lot or have a sign up, we'll keep walking down the line of cars instead of trying to convince you to take us somewhere you don't want to. If you are the flexible type, then don't be specific. Conversely if you aren't flexible, don't get mad when we slugs ignore you after we read your sign or listened to your calls and keep going. Thought it was a good story to share. [:p]

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
muschi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2005 at 11:33am
also sounds like another ***** of a man who only has the balls to yell at a WOMAN. coward.
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2005 at 4:12pm
I don't know how I'd have reacted if I'd witnessed this screamfest, but like you WBSlug, I'd have definitely posted it for all to share. I can't say I can't believe it, because I can...It's just that people never cease to cause me to shake my head in disbelief at their asinine behavior.

Even if this wasn't a case of miscommunication about a destination, we all reserve the right to pass up a car we don't want to ride in.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic