Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Get it together fellow slugs!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2005 at 2:19pm
This is absolutely shocking to me. I've been slugging since 1990 from various lots and have never witnessed this. I do hope this doesn't mean that people are getting more mean spirited and "jerk-like." Some people will do and say anything and don't have enough sense to even be embarrassed. Sorry you've experienced this. I guess I've just been lucky. I've seen things such as on a stormy day, a van pulls up and simply says "Load her up." Everyone in line shouts "Thank you" and some even clap. I hope we can keep these good type experiences in the forefront of the slugging experience and I also hope we can shame these idiots that you are speaking of right out of the slugging system.

quote:
Originally posted by mirangus
[br]I speak for myself and not all drivers when I say this, but I don't feel "pressured or put upon" when asked to take a third. What p*sses me off beyond belief is this: someone asks if I can take a third and for some reason I can't take a third (e.g.-I have stuff in that seat that the line can't see), and I have to say no. All of a sudden the driver becomes some inconsiderate monster and gets verbally abused by those left in line (usually a more common occurance in the afternoons). THAT is what gets my goat.

NoNo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2005 at 9:36am
What is the protocol for asking a driver to take three? We have a loud, rude gentlemen at Rt. 17 who will get on the back of the line and shout, "Will they take three?" to every driver going to his direction. Then, if the driver says yes, he tries to run up to the front of the line to take the "third" person's place.

He NEVER makes it. There are usually people waiting to get to that destination before him, and one or more will step out and let him know that he isn't the next person on line. The rude guy will then grumble his way back to his spot.

So is he entitled to "jump ahead" or should he be glad that he's moving the line along?
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2005 at 9:53am
Though some feel that if you do the asking, you should get the seat, the majority consensus seems to be that the next rider gets the seat, not necessarily he (or she) that does the asking.....
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2005 at 11:13am
The reason for asking is to move the line, not to get the seat yourself. This is a cooperative venture, not a slugfest. (Ha! A bad pun!)
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2005 at 4:05pm
This should be include in the etiquette section. I don't think there's a "Take a third?" rule.
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2005 at 5:38pm
quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob
[br]The reason for asking is to move the line, not to get the seat yourself. This is a cooperative venture, not a slugfest. (Ha! A bad pun!)

Puns are good. There are on bad puns in the slug lines.

dickboyd@aol.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic