Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WARNING!!! My air bags were stolen!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 12:32pm
Spongebob, my first two cars were Honda's. They may be cheap, but they got great gas mileage, and the only work they needed, was brakes and tires!! But, needless to say, I drive a Maxima now.... though sometimes, I still miss my Civic Hatchback!!

:'}
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 1:45pm
Hondas are great cars. If you really want to be an environmentalist, buy a plain 4 cyl. Civic and drive it until it breaks down irreparably some 15-20 years from now. You will have maximized the ROI of building the vehicle. Cars which break down into junk after six years are bad for the environment no matter how special their gas mileage. People forget the whole picture of environmental impact when they get tied up in discussions of MPG. Manufacturing, delivery, repair and maintenance, and disposal all figure into the equation.

(I loved our Civic. But I'm a Toyota guy now.)
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 1:53pm
quote:
Originally posted by RoadRunner

Good article about airbag theft and replacement.

Thanks, RR!!
trying2gohome View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trying2gohome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 2:44pm
I am sorry to hear about your airbags.

The exact same thing happened to me about a year ago at the old 610 lot. The only difference is that the stole my car seat as well. I did file a police report, the sherriff's office tried to take fingerprints but couldn't get a full print. They told me it was a professional job. My back "vent" window was broken out.

Total costs of damage was about $1700.
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 2:49pm
With the cost of a camera next to nothing, why not have an internet camera watching the lot, scanning about, and available for commuters to look at, AND THEN REPORT SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY? HELLO?
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 3:22pm
Roadrunner;

It is an INTERNET Camera, just like they have along 95. You, I, anyone can log in and look. I consider that there may be police being called when people THINK they see something wrong, but I believe that there willl be more benefits to be reaped when people ACTUALLY SEE something that is wrong.

tri2dc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tri2dc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 3:56pm
Wow watching my car in the commuter lot just..... just..... sitting there, wowwwwwwww.

Talk about giving that whole paint drying genre a run for it's money.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 4:23pm
n the day I get my new vehicle with heated nozzles, I would gladly sit at my desk and stare at its unmoving image for hours. Sighing.

You know, when I think about it, I already DO sit and stare at my screen, unblinking and vacuous, for hours. What would be different?
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 9:27pm
quote:
Originally posted by RoadRunner
[br]I know my employer ... Don't you also think the cops would be annoyed ...? ...

Yes, but think if they get the vehicle on tape. Imagine using a "redlight camera" of sorts to record the ins and outs. I have privacy issues with that, so maybe wack the tape at midnight or once a month?

Imagine a lot where no one usually is, and you see movement. Call VDOT, they zoom the camera, JUST AS THEY CAN DO FOR THE TRAFFIC CAMERAS when a citizen calls them.

I see it as public information.

Fuller Underwood II
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic