Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behavior at 14th and New York Wed 2/9 nite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholelee25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Behavior at 14th and New York Wed 2/9 nite
    Posted: 10 Feb 2005 at 9:40am
I am writing to discuss a serious situation that occured last evening (Wed. 2/9) around 5 p.m. at the 14th and NY lines for Horner Rd and Potomac Mills. It is no secret that riders seeking Potomac drivers have begun their own separate line and advertising it by using signs.. similar to the Bob's line. This has been going on for at least 4 months and is nothing new. Sometimes it works for them, sometimes they take the bus.. but they are trying something new to help them get a ride to where they are going.

LAST NIGHT, a woman in the Horner line harrassed these poor slugs in the Potomac Mills line the entire time she was in line. She accused them of "stealing her rides", saying "you know you are wrong".[}:)] I dont understand her logic since there are two different lots.. it only makes sense to have two different lines.

But, more than that her behavior was not only unwarranted, it was down right ridiculous of a grown woman. I was truly embarrassed to be a rider in that line last night. I was happy that none of the Potomac riders even bother to acknowledge her ranting. Good job.. on not loosing yout temper, Potomac Riders!![8D]

That woman needs to understand that we all need work together to keep the integrity of the slug system strong. Acting out and pointing fingers at riders from other lots will hurt us all. Eventually word will get around that the 14th and NY line has "loose cannon" riders and people will pick up elsewhere.
14th and NY riders please keep do not condone this type of behavior at your line!
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2005 at 10:36am
You know I didn't understand it either. That woman acted like a fool. There are 2 lines now and have been that way since the Fall. One goes to Horner and the other to Potomac. They are different exits on the HOV. I don't get it. Did she think Potomac riders are stealing rides? She couldn't have. That just doesn't make sense. However she didn't make any sense. I hope this is an isolated incident and doesn't happen again. It would be awful to think that this abuse will continue from someone who is looking to start trouble.
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2005 at 2:16pm
NicholeLee and Koa, how has it been lately? Anymore problems with anyone? I've been driving lately but I'll be slugging again next week. I'm off Monday so I'll start again on Tuesday.
koakui View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2005 at 12:06pm
So far so good this week, it is only Wed though. Its been quiet and rides have came. It has all worked out. Hopefully this is the trend that will continue.
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 9:14am
I haven't had any problem lately. I think the troublemakers have finally left the Potomac slugs alone. FINALLY!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic