Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What if the Pentagon is not ulitmate desitnation?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What if the Pentagon is not ulitmate desitnation?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What if the Pentagon is not ulitmate desitnation?
    Posted: 12 Feb 2005 at 9:14pm
I actually work downtown but see that the slug lines closest to me in Springfield have most people wanting to go to the Pentagon. Is it possible to drop people off at the Pentagon, then get back on the road to cross the Memorial Bridge?

thanks!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 7:01am
Yes ... if you're the driver.

Keep on sluggin'![;)]
GerardDW View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GerardDW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 8:09am
Another alternative would be to use the Metro stop at the Pentagon or one of the bus lines which utilize the Transit Center there. Not as good as a free ride, but less than using public transportation from the hinterlands. I have used that method a few times to ride to the Pentagon, and then use Metro to get to the Navy Yard.

Doug
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 9:31am
misty are you a slugger or a driver? Which line is closest to you?
misty View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 6:52pm
I am a driver. The closest line is Cardinal Forest/Plaza.

Is it easy to figure out how to get out of the Pentagon? I have never actually been over there?

thanks again.

Misty

scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 9:01am
I would not pick up for the Pentagon if DC is your final destination. If you drive down Old Keene Mill, you can stop at Bob's and get tons of people for DC.
kgirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 9:55am
Misty,
Where the heck is Cardinal Forest/Plaza?
Yes, Bob's is great place to pick up for DC, people come for all up and down 14th street, L'enfant Plaza, Reagan Building, etc etc. There is also Rolling Valley if that is closer to you, but Bob's is great!
I have no idea where you are trying to get to, but if you drop slugs off at L'enfant, its easy to get back on 395/295 S.Capitol, N. Capitol...etc.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 12:30pm
Isn't Cardinal Forest the Old Keene Mill/Rolling Road interchange?

Bob's will suit you fine if you need to go across Memorial bridge. People go both up 23rd or 18th streets (with places in between).

Good luck.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 4:12pm
DC2RV,

Yep .. you're 100% correct on that location.
Bob's would work to get downtown-bound slugs if no one at Cardinal Plaza line wanted a ride downtown.

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
misty View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 7:53pm
I checked the Bob's location the other morning but there were only 3 people waiting at @7AM so I didn't bother to stop.

What is the best time to pick up people there?

Also, did the Springfield Mall line ever get started????

thanks.

Misty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic