Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Violators This Morning .. & No Enforcement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pplmvrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2005 at 3:40pm
I thought HOV was great this morning. I left Potomac Mills at 7:45am and dropped my slug off at the Pentagon at 8:05am!!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2005 at 7:04am
What a surprise this morning! We heard the horror stories about the construction backup & accidents at the Mix Bowl as we headed east on OKM Rd. But when we entered the HOVs at about 6:25, they were moving very well. In fact, 60-65+ all the way to the P'gon exit.
Are things really getting a little better? [?]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2005 at 7:49am
Better? I wish. Took me 50ish minutes today to go from Pot Mills to Rosslyn, leaving at 7.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2005 at 8:41am
65 minutes for me. From 610 to 14th. I fell asleep.

:'}
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2005 at 11:19am
HOV was backed up from Springfield all the way into DC this morning at 7:10am. What the @#$#@$@# is wrong with the week? Last week was great.
VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2005 at 11:26am
My boss mentioned something about a beam being brought over the highway this morning.
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2005 at 11:49am
Yeah, the contractor crew that was supposed to have that beam out of the way by 4:30 AM did not. The Inner Loop was still closed at six. Yikes. Though that doesn't explain the HOV backup at Seminary, or does it?
VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2005 at 12:02pm
The Hill was impossible to navigate because of security checks so that could have created the backup through C St and D St. Took me longer to cross the Hill than sit in the traffic from Seminary.
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2005 at 2:43pm
Yep traffic was great up to the Pentagon around 7 AM. After that it stunk.
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2005 at 3:00pm
Tuesday, 28 February, 0700 to 0745. Dumfries -- yes. Dale City -- yes. Springfield flyover to 95 -- yes. Between Springfield and next ramp -- yes. At the final ramp onto the HOV -- yes.

Traffic was messed up because to Police were out in force and there were so many violators. Traffic will continue to be messed up until to violators get off the HOV (albeit that this does not include the legal, CF, violators.)

BTW, did you here Lisa Baden this AM talking about the white CF vehicle in the fender bender? "If he had picked up a couple of slugs, they probably would have alerted him of the stopped car he ran into!")

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic