Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do Not Ride With!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koakui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do Not Ride With!
    Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 9:34am
I can't find the Do Not Ride With List so here it is.

Details: Pick up point was Potomac Mills 2/14/05, gray/silver Chrylser - new one, husband and wife - Middle Eastern descent, Going to 14th Street

Picked up at Potomac, decided en route to go to L'Enfant area, sat in traffic forever, weaving and bobbing around 12th Street, tried to drop me off at 13th & G but I refused, finally took me to 14th & NY

I was late to work because of this. I work all the way on 15th & K so being dropped in an area like 13th & G and already being late and add the cold and rain - it was too much.

Had they stayed on 14th like we agreed on, we would have made it up 14th before 9:00.

Don't ride with them unless you are looking for a tour of the city.

Cruisin in HOV
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 2:01pm
If you were going to go to 15th & K then you should have left your house earlier so that you could wait for a car that was going that far instead of settling for a ride that was "close enough" and then complaining about it later. It's a free ride, what do you expect?? = p

Besides, you never make it to work on time!
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 2:41pm
Pana, there's nothing wrong expecting to be dropped off at the place you were told the car was going when it picked you up. If they told Koakui they were going to 14th, then to 14th they should have gone. That's common courtesy.
pb1974 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 8:32am
I agree with Carleric. When I slugged out of Hechinger's, there was this one woman who would say that she was going to 14th and Penn; however, if you got in her car, and actually wanted off at Penn, she'd try to drop you off on 14th and Constitution. I got into her car a few times, not paying attention, and she did that to me every time. I finally wised up when I saw her, and passed her by. It's a free ride, yes, but it is not asking too much to be dropped off at the destination the driver herself mentioned! It IS common courtesy and decency.
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 2:40pm
quote:
Originally posted by PanaRican
[br]If you were going to go to 15th & K then you should have left your house earlier so that you could wait for a car that was going that far instead of settling for a ride that was "close enough" and then complaining about it later. It's a free ride, what do you expect?? = p

Besides, you never make it to work on time!

Maybe you should read the driver rules - are you never late! It doesn't matter if she was late or not, nor if it is a free ride - a driver should go where they say they are going. PERIOD!!
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2005 at 8:27am
Agree. Drivers should drop off where they say, not someplace completely different. I don't agree with "Besides, you never make it to work on time!" comment because it is seldom I am late and I slug everyday. Of course the Pentagon is a straight shot and the metro from there is quite reliable.
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2005 at 10:17am
Pana, you must not slug. Slugging is a great way to get to and from work. If drivers and riders work together most times no one is late. Sometimes due to traffic or such, a person can be late but normally this is not the case. How it works is that when a driver says they are goig somewhere they aren't supposed to deviate off of the agreed upon route. In this case they did without koa's consent. This made that person late. I'm happy they posted this. I'll look out for that car. I go to Potomac myself so I'll be on the look out. Pana, I know you are trying to help on some level but by being negative to this post, it doesn't promote slugging at all. Please think before you post. Have a great day!
JK 14 n G View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK 14 n G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2005 at 1:30pm
I couldn't find the DO NOT RIDE LIST either, but here is my contribution:

The vehicle: White Mustang Convertible, tan top, newer model, dangling hawaiian leis from the rearview

The Driver: white female, mid-late 20's

The Pick up: Rt. 17 lot around 7:45 am to the Pentagon

The Offense: DRIVING IN EXCESS OF 95MPH on the HOV, swerving in and out of lanes....and....the back of the vehicle is just too small to accomodate rear passengers, especially with a child's carseat taking up precious space.

Seriously, folks....95mph is dangerous, and she didn't even seem to notice....

Let's fill up the Rt. 17 lot and ease up on Mine Rd.!!
JiggaJynx View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaJynx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 8:24am
You may not think this is worthy of "Do not ride with," but this driver made me too nervous. I'll avoid in the future:

Time: 6 a.m.
Car: Red Ford, smallish (Focus?)
Plate: 2391LF
Reason: Had Blackberry out checking e-mails most of the way up. Had to brake hard a couple of times on wet pavement.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 12:17pm
JJinx,
And to think you would have to pay good money for a thrill ride like that at King's Dominion!
It could have been worse if the driver was putting on make-up, shaving, or using a cell phone at the same time.
We hope you have a better experience going home tonight.

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic