Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most comfortable ride

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Most comfortable ride
    Posted: 25 Feb 2005 at 12:30pm
One of the benefits of slugging (and I do thank all you drivers) has allowed me to get first hand ride experience in a lot of different car manuf. models.

Great experience for when I bought my new car.

So what are some of the most comfortable riding cars you have been in?

Here's mine;

Mercede's cars (not the SUV)
Lincoln Navigator
VW Tourag
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2005 at 12:35pm
Lexus SUV - really smooth and quiet
Moody Girl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moody Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2005 at 1:12pm
I have had the opportunity to ride in several Volvo's and it doesn't seem to matter how old or new they are, they have all been very comfortable to ride in. [:I]

defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2005 at 1:25pm
I'd have to go with the Lexus SUV, or may be wait for the Lexus SUV Hybrid. Then, I can ride alone until we revamp the HOV to HOT, and the Lexus will be most appropriate for that event.

Slugman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slugman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2005 at 2:06pm
I found the Audi A6 to be one of the most comfortable that i have ever ridden in.
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2005 at 2:13pm
Hmmm, not a hybrid in the lot. Are there any car salesmen that slug? Know any dealers that you could CC: on this thread. Auto companies pay big bucks to determine what kind of cars people will buy. Most have surveys on rental cars to track what features people like in their cars.

Does anyone remember the picture "Magic Town" with Jimmy Steward and Donna Reid?

Is there a thread to evaluate the goodness of slug drivers?

quote:
Originally posted by bnvus
[br]One of the benefits of slugging (and I do thank all you drivers) has allowed me to get first hand ride experience in a lot of different car manuf. models.

Great experience for when I bought my new car.

So what are some of the most comfortable riding cars you have been in?

Here's mine;

Mercede's cars (not the SUV)
Lincoln Navigator
VW Tourag

dickboyd@aol.com
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2005 at 2:25pm
EASE UP ON THE JUICE DICK...
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2005 at 5:17pm
From a back seat comfort perspective, you can't beat a Lincoln Town Car. A wonderful slug ride indeed.

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 3:26pm
I'll have to agree with sludge and moody girl. Most VW's and Volvo's are very comfy, And any age Lincoln is always a treat.

:'}
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 3:36pm
I think I would have bought a new car a long time ago if I were not a slug. I get to ride in so many NICE cars, that it's hard to chose which one's my fave. To me, nothing beats a BMW - any size. Can't afford any size. The Cadillac Escalade is another pick; can't afford it either. Same holds true for the Lexus SUV. Alas...nothing in my price range offers the comfort I have grown accustomed to as a slug. I'll never forget the first time I rode in a Lincoln Town Car though, back in the late 80's. It was brown, with brown velour seats. It was so big and comfortable in the back seat - it felt like riding to work on an extremely squishy couch. I felt very tiny in that big back seat. Today, I'm lucky if there's an inch of legroom between my knees and the front passenger seat.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic