Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLexus Hybrid

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lexus Hybrid
    Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 8:30am
http://www.lexus.com/models/hybrid/overview/performance.html

Lexus hybrid got its own story on Channel 4 News this morning.

Brings new meaning to the phrase "Lexus Lanes".
VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 11:16am
It's a cool car with innovative technology. (Way out of my price range.) But does it belong HOV lanes? Yes, as long as there's three or more people in the car.
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 2:51pm
Hybrid technology is here to stay. New York City is doing an experiment on Hybrid buses. Working so well they they ordered more. The military applications are also working well. That said it really does not help the HOV issue though.
shirons View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 3:33pm
Hybrid vehicles are great. I hope to see alot more of them over the next several years - just not as single rider vehicles on HOV. The exemption has done its job. It has encouraged people to buy Hybrids.

Unfortunately I think once the Single Rider exemption expires sales of hybrids will drop significantly. I hope that drop will be temporary and car companies like Lexus continue to develop the technology!
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 1:29pm
Will the new Lexus hybrid qualify for "CF" license plates?

This is a car I'd buy right off the bat if I had $50K lying around...not for the HOV exemption but for the incredible fuel economy. An SUV that gets 31 mpg? Nice. [:)]
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2005 at 2:28pm
Saw a new Honda Accord Hybrid dark gray 4-dr sedan this weekend on a dealer's lot. Sticker price was just over $30K for a 230hp car.
Its fuel economy was estimated at about 38-40 mpg.

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 2:46am
Of course the Accord hybrid can't get CF plates. Sounds like a really nice car though.
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 10:06pm
Why can't the Accord get CF plates? Emissions not low enough? [?]
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 9:36am
I'm sure the emissions on the Accord are lower than most, if not all of the civics. Virginia says it's not eligible for CF, that's why. Maybe because it has a V6?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:03pm
MDC,
What's the source of your info that the Lexus and Honda Accord don't qualify for CF licence plates? The DMV webpage on CF plates lists some examples of typical hybrids that qualify and these two are not listed as examples -- but the list doesn't exclude them either. If that webpage is your source, I think a "check-it-out-further" is needed.

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic