Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got HIT in the parking lot... :-(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got HIT in the parking lot... :-(
    Posted: 03 Mar 2005 at 9:11am
I parked in my commuter lot this morning, and opened my door, almost ready to get out.

A vehicle came speeding in to the parking space on my left and rammed into my door.

Quite a frightening way to start my morning... :-o

On top of that, the driver was yelling at me, telling me that I should watch it before opening my door. (I actually did look first, as I had opened my door before the other car had even arrived)

I told the driver that the driver should NOT have been speeding in the parking lot. What if I was in the way of the door? Things could've been worse.

Just wanted to send out a reminder that we all need to be careful while driving in the parking lot.

NOTE: I have left out the details of the location, identity, and car descriptions. Please do not post this information if you were a witness to this accident. Thanks, my intention is not to point fingers at the driver, rather I wanted to share my story. That's it.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2005 at 11:15am
ok, now it turns out that the driver is claiming that I am at fault for the accident. The driver also has a witness.

As before, I do not want to divulge any information on the driver, but I would like to be contacted by any witness available.

If you were a witness to this accident, please contact me. Honest witness only. Thank you.
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2005 at 11:41am
If officialdom really truly supported slugs, slug lots would be policed. Not necessarily to the extent of METRO lots, but at least recorded camera surveillance as is done at the few Maryland lots dedicated to park and ride.

Liability is one reason private activities don't want slugs. Any proposals of how to solve parking for slugs?

quote:
Originally posted by shahedC
[br]I parked in my commuter lot this morning, and opened my door, almost ready to get out.

A vehicle came speeding in to the parking space on my left and rammed into my door.

Quite a frightening way to start my morning... :-o

On top of that, the driver was yelling at me, telling me that I should watch it before opening my door. (I actually did look first, as I had opened my door before the other car had even arrived)

I told the driver that the driver should NOT have been speeding in the parking lot. What if I was in the way of the door? Things could've been worse.

Just wanted to send out a reminder that we all need to be careful while driving in the parking lot.

NOTE: I have left out the details of the location, identity, and car descriptions. Please do not post this information if you were a witness to this accident. Thanks, my intention is not to point fingers at the driver, rather I wanted to share my story. That's it.

dickboyd@aol.com
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2005 at 12:09pm
Dick, are you for real? You talk your legal mumbo jumbo - and this guy just has his door smashed by some scumbag. Did you read his post? shahedC was just parking in a spot while some person not paying attention and now wanting to lie their way out of being responsible is turning a usual commute into a nightmare. Im all about being fair and honest - and hearing both sides of the story. But seems to me shahedC needs some honest people backing him up and nail this other wild driver. Fu@k all that officialdom, policing, surveillance, and liability crap. BE AN HONEST AND UPFRONT PERSON.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2005 at 12:15pm
Thanks Baz, I think dickboyd just has a lot to say, just in the wrong place. :-)

Back to the matter at hand.. I could care less about my door. It seems to open and close just fine. I just hope it won't fall off tomorrow. I have to get it checked out by the insurance people.

But all I ask for is a person to be honest. That's all I ask.

The driver now claims that the driver was not even speeding. Although, right after the incident the driver apologized and said that the driver was "excited" to have found a parking spot at that time.

I share that excitement, as I also found a parking spot. But that's no excuse to hit someone, say you're sorry and then threaten that person.

Oh well..
rale View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2005 at 12:17pm
I was not a witness, however, even if the other person has a witness, investigators (police/insurance) can often tell by the marks on the car at what point the car hit your door and approximate speed the door was hit, thereby determining whether the other car was speeding.

quote:
Originally posted by shahedC
[br]ok, now it turns out that the driver is claiming that I am at fault for the accident. The driver also has a witness.

As before, I do not want to divulge any information on the driver, but I would like to be contacted by any witness available.

If you were a witness to this accident, please contact me. Honest witness only. Thank you.

dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2005 at 12:28pm
Are you out to drain the swamp, or kill aligators? If there were a TV monitor, the witnesss would be a slam dunk. The attitude of the driver would not have been as nasty if he/she knew there were an impecable witness.

Whoops, my bad, here is my insurance information. Or better yet, the driver would have been more careful in the first place. The crash should never have occured.

Instead, there is confrontation. Confrontation that gives slugs a bad name. Virginia used to be for lovers. What is the new slogan? What's with all this hostility?

quote:
Originally posted by Baz
[br]Dick, are you for real? You talk your legal mumbo jumbo - and this guy just has his door smashed by some scumbag. Did you read his post? shahedC was just parking in a spot while some person not paying attention and now wanting to lie their way out of being responsible is turning a usual commute into a nightmare. Im all about being fair and honest - and hearing both sides of the story. But seems to me shahedC needs some honest people backing him up and nail this other wild driver. Fu@k all that officialdom, policing, surveillance, and liability crap. BE AN HONEST AND UPFRONT PERSON.

dickboyd@aol.com
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2005 at 12:34pm
I just talked to my insurance company, they said that the "witness" was 18 to 20 feet away, and the fact that my door was hit from the inside proves that I am right!

VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2005 at 12:37pm
I don't think the police will get involve -- private parking lot. And it's after the fact. Usually these things are open for interpretation and need to be resolved before leaving the lot. It's not fun to have damage done to your car by someone else (that's the only damage I have on my car -- dings from doors being opened, people grazing my bumper as they pull out of a spot, etc.). Civility is what is lacking here. You could try contacting the county police, making a report if you have license plate number, and get their suggestion. For you to claim it with your insurance, you'll need to make a claim with the police first.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2005 at 12:39pm
You're right, I should've called 911 first. But the driver was being so cooperative at the time, and apologized, I didn't realize that the story would change later on.

At least the evidence is on my side...!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic