Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got HIT in the parking lot... :-(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2005 at 3:04pm
yeah, i made the mistake of not calling the cops first.. i thought that the driver would be honest!

Anyway, the insurance company looked at both cars while we are all sitting here in the office, and found some damage on the door, and also scratches on the culprit vehicle's bumper.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2005 at 8:22am
I took the car to the insurance office after work, so that they could look at the inside of the car door. The evidence is clear where the bumper of the other car hit the inside of my door. I also realized that the door doesn't close completely when shut with normal force, a little extra push is necessary.

I hope no other slug has to go through what I am going through!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2005 at 1:46pm
How did everything turn out?

:'}
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2005 at 2:17pm
My insurance company has already seen the cars in their parking spots, so I don't have a problem with them. I have to show my car to the other driver's insurance company tomorrow.

The cheap estimate is $1258 for the door exterior and internal panels. Add extra for rental car replacement and stuff.

The other driver refused to talk after the 3-way call with the insurance company, so I won't call the other driver again.

After tomorrow, I'll know more.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 8:33am
Ive been in your boat before. I watched the entire rear end of my car being smashed in by a box truck once in my rear view mirror, I still flinch at times......
It sounds like your insurance company is a good one though, good luck to you!!!

:'}
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 9:21am
I am about to go the other driver's insurance company in a bit.. in the meantime, I just heard from my insurance agent who talked to the witness again. Looks like the witness won't change the original story, even after hearing of the evidence.

Well, it looks like we have a criminal in our midst, and an accomplice too. So much for the fate of humankind... are there no good people left in this world? :(
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 1:09pm
no, unfortunately, I did not call the cops because the driver seemed honest at first, and even apologized, and remembered me from previous commutes.

I just came back from the driver's ins. company, and they are still siding with the driver. I cannot understand how my stationary car could have hit a moving vehicle?

The ins. guy could not understand why my car door has a dent on the outside near the hinge area, while there is no visible damage to the hinges, and the scratches are on the inside of the car door.

The other driver claims that I opened my door onto the car after it parked in the spot. The scratches and dent prove otherwise.

Also, my car door does not close fully with a normal push. It requires a little more than a normal push to actually close it and "click" into position. That should prove that the hinges are not functioning optimally.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 1:54pm
Thanks, hopefully things will work out. Otherwise, us slugs will just have to watch for these dishonest slugs!
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2005 at 8:33am
Good luck with it....and Roadrunner is right. I was in a similar situation where a car hit me but tried to prove otherwise. I turned it over to my insurance company and they did all the heavy lifting for me and got it all fixed.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2005 at 9:15am
I have only given the details of the incident (lot, vehicle, driver) to other commuters that I have met personally. I didn't want to be sued for slander if I posted the details here. (You know, like the family who got sued by a burglar who hurt himself while trying to rob their house)

When I called the other driver and the insurance company on a 3-way call, the driver threatened to report me to the FCC (what the ... ?) once the conversation turned towards the driver's guilt.

I just got a call from the other ins. company this morning, and the head office is still waiting to get the pictures, so once they close the case, if they find the driver guilty, then I can freely post the information.

Till then, I would just advise everyone to be careful while parking and opening your doors.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic