Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got HIT in the parking lot... :-(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2005 at 11:09am
ok, I just got a call from the other driver's insurance company. They closed the case based on the lying driver and the lying witness. They claim that I had opened the door on the car.

I asked them how they could accept the other driver's testimony when there is damage from the collision on the inside of my door, and the dent on the outside near the hinge area.

They believe the hitter and the witness who claim that I opened the door into the other vehicle, which was apparently already in the spot. But then, wouldn't my damage have been on the outside of my door, near the handle and not the hinge? They responded, oh, that damage could've been cause by any accident!

Huh?

I guess this is how the other driver's insurance company maintain's their 97% satisfaction rate...

(modified to fix typos)
DanMadeup View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanMadeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2005 at 11:19am
quote:
Originally posted by shahedC
[br]ok, I just got a call from the other driver's insurance company. They closed the case based on the lying driver and the lying witness. They claim that I had opened the door on the car.

I asked them how they could accept the other driver's testimony when there is damage from the collision on the inside of my door, and the dent on the outside near the hinge area.

They believe the hitter and the witness who claim that I opened the door into the other vehicle, which was apparelty already in the spot. But then, wouldn't my damage have been on the outside of my door? They responded, oh, that damage could've been cause by any accident?

Huh?

I guess this is how the other driver's insurance company maintain's their 97% satisfaction rate...

You were not "CLOSING" the door when he hit you?

DanMadeup View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanMadeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2005 at 11:19am
quote:
[br]ok, I just got a call from the other driver's insurance company. They closed the case based on the lying driver and the lying witness. They claim that I had opened the door on the car.

They believe the hitter and the witness who claim that I opened the door into the other vehicle, which was apparelty already in the spot. But then, wouldn't my damage have been on the outside of my door? They responded, oh, that damage could've been cause by any accident?

Huh?

You were not "CLOSING" the door when he hit you?

shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2005 at 12:00pm
nope, i was neither opening nor closing the door, my door was open. I didn't even have my hand on the door. The edge of the door was over an empty parking spot on my left.

I was getting my lunch from my passenger seat, and I was ready to step out of my vehicle. And then bam, I saw the other vehicle come crashing into my door.
sbouncer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2005 at 12:54pm
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So now are you going to let your insurance company handle this mess, that's what they get paid for.

Pat
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2005 at 12:57pm
yeah.. that's what I will have to do.. it's sad that it turned out this way. All I wanted was a fellow slug to be honest and admit to fault, consistently, not change stories and then threaten me. Now I have lost my faith in the slug community.. who knows where else these people may lurk? What if I was hit by the other vehicle? Would the driver have driven had claimed that I jumped in the way of the moving vehicle? Truly disturbing.
sbouncer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2005 at 1:04pm
But I think you would have saved yourself a lot of headache and frustration if you had just let your insurance company handle the situation in the first place. That way you would have gotten your car fixed and they would have gotten the other company to pay for it. Let's hope for your sake that you have not waitied to long to get your company involved. Keep on Slugging!!!!

Pat
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2005 at 1:17pm
Actually, I did get my insurance company involved on day 1. They looked at the damage on both cars in the parking lot while we were at work in DC. So they know what really happened and they believe me as well.

Right now, I have to pay for the deductible and pay for my car rental out of pocket.
sbouncer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2005 at 1:22pm
Good luck to you!!

Pat
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2005 at 10:39am
Good news.. my driver and other rider from yesterday told me that they heard all about my collision from another fellow commuter of ours.. I now have a potential witness!

I am so glad that there are some honest people out there... hopefully, this witness will be able to provide some helpful information, and the hitter and the false witness will finally tell the truth!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic