Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got HIT in the parking lot... :-(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete P. Peters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2005 at 8:23am
How could you be so negligent with your door? People are always getting in and out of their cars without regard for who might be driving in the other lane. Doors should be quickly opened, then quickly closed, so as not to be intrusive or cause accidents. Also, sliding doors (such as on vans) are a good idea if you are not able to practice prudent door etiquite. Not sure of the exact facts of your case, but these are my general beliefs.

LET'S SLUG, BABY!!!
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2005 at 8:36am
I had my door open for a few seconds, which was enough to let me pick up my lunch and book, and let myself out. If I picked up my stuff first, it would've been more difficult to open the door.

That being said, no one should come speeding into a parking spot.. so fast that you can't even hit the brakes soon enough to prevent a collision! Come on, we've all approached parking spots where kids are getting on/off a van, or a handicapped person is taking their time.

Please slow down and don't speed in parking lots. In the worst case, if you do cause an accident, please be honest about it!

... come to think of it, if I had let myself out at the same time as I opened my door, I would've been hit by the other vehicle. So there is still no rationalization for speeding into a parking spot, except for being really "excited" as the driver had first admitted.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2005 at 8:47am
who the hell speeds pulling into a parking space? Is it a new game? Lets see how fast we can pull into this space before we brun up the tires/brakes not to hit anything else?! In this case, the driver lost!!

:'}
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2005 at 8:51am
yeah.. no matter how you look at it, I was the winner, because I escaped injury/death, and I know I'm right. I feel sorry for the other driver actually, what a miserable way to live life, preying on others. I feel even more sorry for the driver's witness, having to stick your neck out for someone else commiting insurance fraud...
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2005 at 11:01am
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]who the hell speeds pulling into a parking space? Is it a new game? Lets see how fast we can pull into this space before we brun up the tires/brakes not to hit anything else?! In this case, the driver lost!!

:'}

I don't know where you park, but at Horner drivers DO speed into parking slots!! Especially around 6:10-6:35 when I arrive. I try to park between two other cars to prevent this very scene from happening to me. I feel for the parked driver and all of the trouble that HE had to endure [:(] all because someone was running late and was NOT paying attention. [:(!]
Mr. Bill View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2005 at 12:29pm
shah - I had ridden with you soon after this occured I am glad to read that this is getting cleared up. Drivers must always be careful when pulling into a parking space, you never can tell if the person in the car can see you arriving. Unlike an earlier post, I do not think you are in the wrong here at all. We as drivers need to be aware of what is happening, there is too much target fixation (look there is a parking spot over there). My guess is that if you did not go back to get your lunch you would have been hit by the car.
Kerri View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 10:36am
quote:
Originally posted by shahedC
[br]But the driver was being so cooperative at the time, and apologized

I don't know about the automotive world, but in business, an apologies is an admission of guilt.

Good luck with this!

LIFE, LIBERTY, & THE PURSUIT OF THOSE WHO THREATEN IT!
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2005 at 10:17am
Oh, the driver was definitely at fault, but a few hours later, when the story changed, and a false witness appeared... what was I to do?

I should've called the cops to the scene!
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2005 at 3:50pm
Subrogation is in process.. wish me luck! I hope the other driver will finally tell the truth!
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2005 at 9:32am
In closing, I never won this case. The driver of the car won out in the end. Oh well, I hope she is careful in future, and I hope no one has to go through what I went through.

I would suggest to all in the slug community never to commit insurance fraud just to save a few bucks. Shame on her.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic