Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhybrids get them off HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ARX9968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hybrids get them off HOV
    Posted: 22 Mar 2005 at 9:41pm
either that or be nice enough to pick up slugs.
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2005 at 7:07am
just as soon as they also eliminate all other forms of transport on the HOV lanes that don't reduce drivers in the regular lanes -

1. Motorcycles
2. Counting children as slugs in cars of 3
3. "off-duty" police

then I would agree
VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2005 at 10:16am
Gorc,

Maybe people should stop counting you. Children are people too. Your selfishness is extreme and maybe when the hybrid exemptions are over, people will add you to the "DO NOT RIDE" list. Grow out of your narrow mindedness.
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2005 at 12:21pm
it's not a selfishness. It's a basic prinicple of HOV -

the POINT is to get DRIVERS off the road.

Counting children doesn't help that goal.

I just find the selective outrage over hybrids to be hypocritical.

As for you, moron, I frankly don't care what you think
VA4ver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA4ver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2005 at 3:26pm
As for me being a moron, I'm a hybrid owner who also car pools, so who is the moron now? As for not counting children, well, then we might as well as add morons to the list.

Sometmes my children accompanying me into the city when the schools are closed and go to emergency daycare. Yes, I ride w/o any other drivers. So, am I to look at my children and say, "You don't count as people towards a carpool" and take the regular lanes? Also, the people with family from out of town -- "Oh, grandma, you aren't working so we must take the regular lanes"? See how ridiculous your gripe against "non-working" bodies is?

Yes, carpool lanes are meant for reducing the number of cars from the road. So why aren't you carpooling? Yes, the hybrid envy/hatred is silly -- it's a case of picking out the most obvious and saying "Look, look, this is THE reason why there's added congestion!", instead of looking at the whole picture.

But to dictate how the lanes are used and by whom, makes you just as self-serving as the rest of the narrow minded lot.
beachhead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2005 at 5:23pm
Maybe we could count children as 1/3 of a person. Hasn't that been done before? Oops, nevermind. Guess that didn't work out to well either.
nashiggy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2005 at 6:28am
hybrids suck it was just an auto motive companies way to sucker people out of suv's when a hybrid cost's the same as a 99-2000 expedition or navigator why are you people so blind to the tricks of the trade in advertising.

iggy can help!!!!
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2005 at 9:21am
Hybrid technology is here to stay and has great advantages for the future! Its the law thats at issue iggy, the applications for hybrid use range from commercial bus services to the military. You need to read up on the technology a little more. Look at computers.....the cost for a desk top is extremely low in a scant 10 years......imagine that cost curve for hybrid technology and you have a clear advantage. As for the HOV lanes thats another issue that the law makers need to settle quickly!
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2005 at 9:24am
Also, what a ridiculous statement that children do not count as occupants in the vehicle. A bit misguided in the interpretation of the HOV use. I think the idea was to maximize the vehicle occupancy.......
Mr. Bill View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2005 at 9:23am
quote:
Originally posted by qorc
Counting children doesn't help that goal.

Talk about enforcement nightmare! Some people have daycare down town so the kid should then be allowed to be a passenger in that case.

quote:
Originally posted by nashiggy
hybrids suck it was just an auto motive companies way to sucker people out of suv's when a hybrid cost's the same as a 99-2000 expedition or navigator

Lets face it there will be no coming together on this issue. I think that it is a matter of patriotism to use more fuel efficient vehicles. If the country is less dependent on others for our energy the country will be safer--less need to have our boys and girls in harms way. However the hybrids should not have an exemption ... motor cycles yes (I am not a motor cycle owner).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic