Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhybrids get them off HOV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 25>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:49am
quote:
Originally posted by Paul HOVillegal
[br]Please leave qorc. My head hurts when I read your message.

Paul

Then don't read them. I don't recall anyone forcing you too.

I guess you have a hard time with dissenting opinions. That's your problem. If you don't have facts, just attack me, eh?

I think I'm bringing up a legitimate issue here. If you don't like it, I'm not going to lose any sleep.

Moron, your bus is leaving. Get on it.
spring21 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spring21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 5:25pm
How does that idea sound to you? [|)]

| | |
Lone Wolf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2005 at 10:03am
Geez, last time I took a look at the overhead sign boards, it did say HOV3 and Motorcylces. 3 people is 3 people, kids or otherwise. Sheesh.
Living and commuting north from Stafford for over 23 years, I cannot tell you how many times I've hollered out to a family (of 3 or more) stewing in a morning or afternoon rush and hinted that they use the HOV lanes. Never occurred to me I would be promoting violation of someone's personal feng shui. Hmmmm.
And as a biker, the arguments to get motorcycles off HOV are specious. Contrary to the suggestion of some, we are more environmentally friendly in that fuel efficiency is maximized and emmisions are fewer. (Seen the '06 and beyond Federal EPA guidelines impacting motorcycle emissions lately? Take a look.) And save the argument that we also occupy a lane. Hardly. As a smaller obstacle in flight, HOV drivers rarely give us the room otherwise granted four wheelers. Certainly, I would like to see the state of Virginia motor vehicle laws changed to allow motorcylists to run two abreast in a lane, and allow for lane-splitting at certain speeds (as is currently allowed in California).

Ride on.
hexizera View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hexizera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2005 at 11:29am
OK... I've been reading about people complaining about car prices. Prices are determined by demand and supply and unfortunately big cars drive up gas prices. I think that it is a great incentive for people to get hybrids if they can use the HOVs. There is too few of them to actually worsen traffic.
msericalw View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msericalw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 4:20pm
They neede to get the hybrids off the roads. There will be 5 hybrids to one carpool car. HOV still be crowded and so does the main lanes so what is the purpose of carpooling when ther still will be traffic no matter if you carpool or not. I vote hybrids out. Also as soon as they do vote hybrids out they too will be getting in the slug-line trying to get a riders or park there cars and get a ride. So we need to make sure we look at the individuals that are driving these hybrids vehicles and remebering there faces so when they need us for help we say no you wouldn't help us when hybrids was aloud on the road so why now.

elw
msericalw View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msericalw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 4:22pm
Do you know the lines are getting longer and longer and people are waiting longer than usual because the selfish people that are driving the hybrids just roll right pass us when they probably was one of us in the lines? Has anyone thought of that.

MAKE THEM CARPOOL!!!!!!

elw
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 10:43am
Actually, the better way is to BAN ALL CARS OTHER THAN HYBRIDS from the express lanes, and make folks take the bus. It's the single best way to improve the overall traffic flow while improving regional gas efficiency and reducing consumption. It also will bring down gas prices not only for autos, but also for home heating - and winter is just around the corner!

Buy the hybrid and quit your moaning - and then pick up some slugs.
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 11:05am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]Actually, the better way is to BAN ALL CARS OTHER THAN HYBRIDS from the express lanes, and make folks take the bus. It's the single best way to improve the overall traffic flow while improving regional gas efficiency and reducing consumption. It also will bring down gas prices not only for autos, but also for home heating - and winter is just around the corner!

Why allow hybrids? Ban them too and make the drivers take the bus. I actually take the bus much more now than I pick up slugs and I have to say the amount of hybrids in the HOV lanes while I'm on the bus is staggering. There are a few that have 2 people in them but I've kept rough count on some rides and about half the vehicles that I see are hybrids.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 11:09am
quote:
Originally posted by Wagonman
[br]
quote:
[br]Actually, the better way is to BAN ALL CARS OTHER THAN HYBRIDS from the express lanes, and make folks take the bus. It's the single best way to improve the overall traffic flow while improving regional gas efficiency and reducing consumption. It also will bring down gas prices not only for autos, but also for home heating - and winter is just around the corner!

Why allow hybrids? Ban them too and make the drivers take the bus. I actually take the bus much more now than I pick up slugs and I have to say the amount of hybrids in the HOV lanes while I'm on the bus is staggering. There are a few that have 2 people in them but I've kept rough count on some rides and about half the vehicles that I see are hybrids.

The reason to keep hybrids is to get the auto industry to provide more of them - perhaps to the point that they no longer make the gas guzzlers. VA can't legislate that the auto companies have to make hybrids only, but they can certainly help with the demand.
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 1:42pm
quote:

The reason to keep hybrids is to get the auto industry to provide more of them - perhaps to the point that they no longer make the gas guzzlers. VA can't legislate that the auto companies have to make hybrids only, but they can certainly help with the demand.

There is already a Federal incentive to spur hybrid vehicle purchases. There are numerous hybrid models coming out in the next couple years and there are waiting lists for most hybrids. I don't think giving incentives to vehicles with waiting lists is good government. I sure hybrid cars are now mainstream enough that they can compete on their own. Creating this artificial demand simply drives up the prices of new hybrids.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 25>
  Share Topic