Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConnaughton BACKS HOT -- LOSES PRIMARY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaVetsAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Connaughton BACKS HOT -- LOSES PRIMARY
    Posted: 28 Mar 2005 at 12:10pm
http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2004/102004/10282004/1553224

EVERY VOTE COUNTS! JOB WELL DONE, Northern Virginia!
shirons View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shirons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2005 at 12:35pm
This is a very old article.
DaVetsAtHome View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaVetsAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2005 at 12:41pm
quote:
Originally posted by shirons
[br]This is a very old article.

Did he change his position?

Repudiated the association?

Need defending to the HOV riders?
DanMadeup View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanMadeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2005 at 2:56pm
quote:
Originally posted by shirons
[br]This is a very old article.

New vote coming in a month!
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2005 at 9:44am
I don't vote Republican anyway, but I understand from Scott Hirons that he found Connaughton open to our anti-toll-roads position. I wasn't aware his campaign had released a statement on the toll roads, which it would be premature for them to do at this time.

By crying out against Sean and against other politicians, you make it more likely they will be unwilling to listen to our side of the story. As a group, we come off as personality driven, rather than issue-driven.

Don't you think we'd catch more flies with sugar than vinegar, Robert?
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2005 at 10:35am
whats Connaughtons first name??

:'}
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2005 at 10:35am
whats Connaughtons first name??

:'}
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2005 at 12:05pm
Sean.

(My 200th post, and my shortest ever!)
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2005 at 3:15pm
While I suspect trails are easily covered as we go. Others have said "follow the money".

Here's a place you can do that with one candidate. http://www.vpap.org/cands/cand_donorlist.cfm?ToKey=COM00885&CycleID=2003

I don't see anything here, but then I'm not as familiar with how these things work...

NoSB
DaVetsAtHome View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaVetsAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2005 at 1:16pm
Here is how it works!

You go to
http://www.vpap.org/cands/cand_donorlist.cfm?ToKey=COM00981&CycleID=2005

This will show you the large donations by names. Cut and paste the donor to "Google" it.

For example, google

Smith, Gordon V (Potomac, MD), and there is a FEC listing for the same noting, MILLER & SMITH INC./BUILDER. The number two donator is a firm with significant ongoing development in PWC.

Fried, B Mark (Crozet, VA)and you find that the number three donator is "a real estate developer currently constructing the "Metro Park" office park near the Franconia-Springfield transit station in Springfield. He is the managing member of limited liability companies comprising Frieds and Constellation Real Estate Inc."

Analex Corp (Alexandria, VA) brings up a very interesting article. While Analex Corp is a diversified engineering firm, the article notes, "The biggest contributions--$25,000 each—came from DEVELOPER Cemente LLC, HOMEBUILDER Randolph Ridges LLC, Potomac Cannons owner Art Silber, and Miller & Smith HOMEBUILDERS.

Cecchi Investments of Arlington (the Cecchi family OWNS FOXCHASE MANOR in Manassas and ROSE HILL MANOR)

Companies giving $10,000 included EQUITY HOMES, DEVELOPER Fried Cos. (noted above) -- Peterson Cos. DEVELOPEMENT FIRM, SALLY MAE insurance company -- Van Metre REAL ESTATE.

Robbins, Charles H (Newington, VA)-- GENERAL CONTRACTOR

Well, I think that I have seen enough?

Just to be fair, here is the top of the Bolling list:

Information Technology
Commercial Real Estate
Farmer
Property Management
Building Supplies
Service Stations
Retired

quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
[br]While I suspect trails are easily covered as we go. Others have said "follow the money".

Here's a place you can do that with one candidate. http://www.vpap.org/cands/cand_donorlist.cfm?ToKey=COM00885&CycleID=2003

I don't see anything here, but then I'm not as familiar with how these things work...

NoSB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic