Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Protocol question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Protocol question
    Posted: 16 Jul 2002 at 12:23pm
Potential new slugger..
I have a question... when dropping of a slug is it proper to drop them off at my destination or am I supposed to drop them off at a particular place (Rosslyn area)?

mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2002 at 12:49pm
The traditional drop-off point in Rosslyn is at the Metro station, although that is loosely interpreted in many cases. Drivers going farther up Wilson Blvd often offer to drop off at 1500 (or wherever their final destination might be). I have been dropped off at driver's parking garages, or on Lynn St, or Wilson Blvd, which are not a problem since they are all within a block of the Metro. I think any suggested drop point more than a block or so from the Metro should be politely resisted unless you happen to share the same destination as the driver.
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2002 at 12:53pm
Unless you determine with your riders that another location is mutually convenient (sometimes in conversation it is revealed that riders/drivers work in the same building, or right down the block, etc.), it is assumed that drivers will drop riders at the nearest convenient Metro, or another arrangement that you establish BEFORE picking riders up.

There are some unethical drivers out there who pick up for a particular destination, and then inform the rider that they are being dropped off somewhere else. A BIG no-no if you want riders to ride with you in the future (word gets around FAST!).

In sum, unless your final destination is convenient for your riders to either their destination or another form of transportation (Metro, etc.) you are expected to deliver them to the nearest metro for the destination that you advertised. I'm sure it's covered (and much, much more) in the "Etiquette" section of the homepage of this site.

Kevin O.
Sue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2002 at 1:04pm
thanks to you both. good information to have.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic