Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rt 29 C'ville & I 66 Park & Ride lot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rt 29 C'ville & I 66 Park & Ride lot
    Posted: 29 Mar 2005 at 4:46pm
I drive right past the Park & Ride lot on Rt 29, across from the Mobil gas station, every morning. I return that way every evening as well.

I'm looking for 1, 2 or 3 passsengers either going to Vienna Metro or straight into D.C. on or near 17th Str/H str.

I would be willing to pay for a months worth of parking in a very nice underground lot I use often.

KingsmanMastiffs@aol.com or passion4mastiffs71@yahoo.com

LIFE, LIBERTY, & THE PURSUIT OF THOSE WHO THREATEN IT!
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 4:31pm
Wow...great to see another Charlottesville/DC commuter! I thought I was the only one (though I only go two days a week, luckily).

Which Mobil station on Rt 29 are you talking about? The one in Gainesville? There are no Mobil stations in Charlottesville.

As long as you don't live too far north in Albemarle County, it'd be faster for you to go via Rt 20/Rt 3, pick up slugs at the Gordon Rd lot near Fredericksburg, and then head up the I-95 HOV lanes to DC. Rt 29 near Gainesville and I-66 outside the Beltway are far more congested than the HOV on 95, even in the HOV lane on 66; I've tried both ways and I-95 is faster every time.

I'm trying a new route tomorrow: Rt 29 to Rt 28 (Fauquier County) and then across to Potomac Mills and the HOV lanes on I-95 via some back roads. I'll post here if I find that route faster than Rt. 3/Fredericksburg.
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 5:20pm
Oops, just saw your post on the Afternoon Slug Lines board and see that you live in Haymarket, not Charlottesville. So my suggestion of using the slug line at Gordon Rd/Rt.3 in Fredericksburg obviously wouldn't work for you.

Even though it's a bit out of the way for you, it might be faster to take Rt 234 over to I-95 and pick up slugs from one of the lots in eastern Prince William County. With 3 or more people in the car, I-95 is always faster than I-66 at rush hours unless there's a major accident or incident in the I-95 HOV lanes. But I'm not sure about traffic on 234 going across PW County.

It's too bad there are no active slug lines on I-66; probably because I-66 is only HOV-2, not HOV-3 like I-95, people don't feel comfortable taking only a single rider. Who knows.

ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2005 at 3:06pm
Is it possible she might also mean Centreville?
Kerri View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2005 at 5:44pm
My apologies!! Yes, I mean Centreville. As for which mobil station, the one on the corner of Stone and Rt 29 just before I66.

LIFE, LIBERTY, & THE PURSUIT OF THOSE WHO THREATEN IT!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic