Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COPS all over 395 this morning!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COPS all over 395 this morning!
    Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 6:55am
at least 8 cops out there, pulling people over all over the place!

wish they'd do it more often
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 7:03am
Awsome to see that. Yeah, it slowed things down a bit at times-but seeing it go down with such a show was worth it. Not a good day to be a cheater!
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 7:11am
.... and did you notice that Lisa B's WTOP traffic update about 6:30 reported there was a broken down dump truck on the regular lanes of 395 near Seminary, and there was also a slowdown on the HOVs between the Beltway and Edsall due to "some HOV activity"? We laughed our backsides off! Great way to support the State Troopers, Lisa! You go, girl! [:D]

Keep on sluggin'! [8D]
qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 7:35am
they were REALLY aggressive too. Saw one cop. Literally handed a guy a ticket then FLEW back into his car, passed me on the shoulder and pulled the guy 2 cars in front of me over.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 7:39am
It was awesome. I hope to see some #s.
DaVetsAtHome View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaVetsAtHome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 7:48am
quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE
[br].... and did you notice that Lisa B's WTOP traffic update about 6:30 reported there was a broken down dump truck on the regular lanes of 395 near Seminary, and there was also a slowdown on the HOVs between the Beltway and Edsall due to "some HOV activity"? We laughed our backsides off! Great way to support the State Troopers, Lisa! You go, girl! [:D]

Keep on sluggin'! [8D]

Hope that you are supporting Lisa.

You're not saying that she was not suppose to say anything, are you? I thought that she handled it well, NOT saying that there was major enforcement underway to have everyone jumping off at Springfield -- where we saw zippo enforcement, btw.

How should she handle this? News or not-to-report news? Should she say the HOV is wide open? What about her duty ad a reporter (even a traffic reporter) to tell the truth?

I am sure that she would listen to suggestions. *1500 on Cingular and #1500 on Verizon.
610toCrystalCity View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610toCrystalCity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 8:17am
Whoo, I would much rather sit in a couple miles of traffic if there is a reason like this morning. I hope to see how many people were actually ticketed, wish they would do it more often.

Go VA STATE TROOPERS!!!!!!!!!
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 9:07am
I counted 13 police cars (ok, one was a motorcycle) between Springfield and DC this morning at about 7:30am. They (all 13) only had 4 people pulled over (and yes, they were agressive. One guy changed lanes so the cop couldn't point him over. The cop ran to his car and nailed him). I HOPE they do the same thing tonight at 5:30pm when they'll nail more people then they'll have tickets in their ticket books for.
sbouncer View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 9:32am
We came through that area around 6:05 this morning and they were already there, 14 on them we counted and they all had someone pulled over, you shoule have seen the looks on the peoples faces. Keep up the good work VA!!!!!
ering View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ering Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2005 at 10:05am
Yeah, it was great. The 30 minutes it added to my commute was wonderful, too! While I honestly appreciate the effort of the Troopers, perhaps next time a better way to do this would be to station cars at each entrance - on the ramp - as opposed to staggered every thousand feet or so thereby backing up traffic in what is supposed to be the Express Lanes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic