Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I Reject a Rider?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2002 at 7:45am
Application of makeup, like application of anti-fungal salves or underarm deodorants, is a matter of personal hygiene and is best performed in a private area.
nyy24 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyy24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2002 at 8:30am
Wow! Sorry, I didn't realize the impact of putting on make-up. It won't happen again. Although, what I did learn in the last year of putting on make-up, most of the time sitting in the back seat, the smoothest, most comfortable ride is a Volvo. Thanks to everyone for their input.

jhatton1980 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhatton1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2002 at 11:30am
I don't want to see you putting on makeup anymore than I want to listen to someone fight with their spouse on a cell phone or hear someone's opinion on politics. All of these things are too personal.

Also, you shouldn't make other have to tell you one something is offensive. If someone got into your car and smelled badly, would you feel comfortable telling a stranger that you are offended by them and don't want to be subjected to them for the next 40 minutes?

I generally try to approach a slug car the way I would approach dinner with potential in-laws. Be polite, make small talk when appropriate, stay away from anything personal that could be construed as offensive. You wouldn't put your makeup on when you got to the dinner table would you?

Racee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2002 at 11:44am
From her last comments, I think nyy24 is convinced. I feel like we're beating the poor thing up at this point.
nyy24 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyy24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2002 at 12:54pm
Thanks Racee...I'm one of those people if I'm doing something wrong or offending someone, I would like to know. With my friends, they would tell me of course. But with slugging, it's totally different, we are strangers, so yes, I felt I had to ask other sluggers their opinion if I was offending anyone because in the past year, nobody said anything. I also understand it would be uncomfortable for the driver, if I asked if it was ok. That's why I started my post, I knew everyone would be honest.

Maylo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maylo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2002 at 1:19pm
You're OK people, nyy24!
Patricia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2002 at 1:43pm
Looks like a good time for a group hug!!!

Patricia
Stafford/610
nyy24 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyy24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2002 at 2:46pm
Thanks for the hug!!!! I needed that.

dambam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dambam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2002 at 1:09pm
In the last few weeks, I picked up an individual who had a major case of B.O. going on. Several other people who I pick up on a regular basis also noticed. There is just no polite way of addressing this problem with a stranger. But after 3 or 4 times of having to endure the unpleasant odor, I decided enough was enough. The next time this individual asked to ride with me, I simply told them that I was not going to their destination. Hopefully, this individual will get the hint.

Robb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2002 at 1:46pm
Wow. That's a tough one. I would've handled it the same way. Seems too cruel for a virtual stranger to broach such a topic.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic