Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats up with the HOV Crowd?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whatsup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats up with the HOV Crowd?
    Posted: 12 Apr 2005 at 6:18pm
I have been reading this site, commuting with a friend or two, but I own a hybrid. I have been particularly interested in the HOT discussions and all the stuff being tossed to and fro.

TODAY however, I was commuting out the the City with my child (yes, a child) and was completed bushwacked by a Toyota Corolla past the Pentagon. He just had to zip passed me and cut me off on the merger. I was surprised and blinked my lights and laid on the horn. He slowed down and almost caused the car behind us to run into me -- they had to drive on Median.

I'm furious. I have never seen so many piss poor drivers on the HOV. The speeds, the rudeness, the tail gating. Basically using the car like a weapon. This is my only post -- I'm going to keep reading because I like to know what's going one with HOT but will not take the bait or respond. But I will tell you if you are one of these sods who thinks they can bully, cut, etc., well, I can only pray that you realize that you could possible kill someone's father, mother, child, etc.

The license plate to the older blue (?) Toyota Corolla is VA XYU3884 with a "Proud Parents of Honor student at Lake Ridge Middle School" and back window. To the car behind me who had to go on median, I apologize profusely.

Final comment, I have been most unimpressed by the general nastiness. I can see why people step out of the slug lines and into a hybrid. I have a general feeling that this is the nasty side effect of this region and the overcrowding. Just think about this before you slam hybrid drivers: A. They aren't doing anything that you all deep down once you step off the soap box would love to do... Taking advantage of something given to them by VA legislature. B. They aren't evil and do not deserve the crappy treatment from all the folks walking around with their noses in the air give them.
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2005 at 1:02am
quote:
Originally posted by Whatsup
[br] Final comment, I have been most unimpressed by the general nastiness. I can see why people step out of the slug lines and into a hybrid. I have a general feeling that this is the nasty side effect of this region and the overcrowding. Just think about this before you slam hybrid drivers: A. They aren't doing anything that you all deep down once you step off the soap box would love to do... Taking advantage of something given to them by VA legislature. B. They aren't evil and do not deserve the crappy treatment from all the folks walking around with their noses in the air give them.

You find what you look for.
http://www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/Flash/Think_It_Over.swf

dickboyd@aol.com
rale View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2005 at 11:34am
THANK YOU!!! A reminder that I, for one, needed.

quote:
Originally posted by dickboyd
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Whatsup
[br] Final comment, I have been most unimpressed by the general nastiness. I can see why people step out of the slug lines and into a hybrid. I have a general feeling that this is the nasty side effect of this region and the overcrowding. Just think about this before you slam hybrid drivers: A. They aren't doing anything that you all deep down once you step off the soap box would love to do... Taking advantage of something given to them by VA legislature. B. They aren't evil and do not deserve the crappy treatment from all the folks walking around with their noses in the air give them.

You find what you look for.
http://www.inlibertyandfreedom.com/Flash/Think_It_Over.swf

dickboyd@aol.com

SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2005 at 12:01pm
I think what we really need is to do exactly what Whatsup did: offer public shaming of bad behavior.

It sounds kind of silly, but poor manners are one of the principal causes of the coarsening of our society. If people had even a scintilla of shame left, they would not rush about cutting in line and cheating and treating other people like tools and objects.

But high-bred owners can't evade their responsibility for helping to break another link in our society. HOV should be a great leveler in our society: Mercedes and junkers all need 3; the rich and the poor, black and white, old and young, all of us Slug together. It is a community we built ourselves: we share things and look out for one another and help each other. High bred owners box themselves off in their lonely little Smug-worlds. We're laughing down the road together or snoring in peaceful rest, while they are alone.

So if we're nasty, prove us wrong by carrying 3 people. Let's see just how real your Environmentalism is!

Can someone please throw me back in the ocean? It's still a bit more civilized in Bikini Bottom, even with Plankton around.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2005 at 12:26pm
mmrROOWW!!! To Spongar!!
I think Whatsup took us who feel when a sign say's HOV-3, it should be HOV-3, the wrong way.
That fool who tried to run you off the road was just that, a fool, dont take it personally, you couldve been driving a Le Car for all that person cared, and he still would've done that.
Road rage is a big problem in VA, and many other states. I wouldnt cast judgement that it is this region in particular, there are many transplants from other states here that slug, I myself am from NY, and I have seen it all!

:'}
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2005 at 12:29pm
aw, dickboyd, you sentimental fool!! Cute link!

:'}
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2005 at 2:52pm
Poor sponge. Has to be more and more strident because he's unbelieveable.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2005 at 3:33pm
The Sponge is: (ahem)

Strident like a medicated pad
here to whip up on your bad
selves, makin' fools o' the Smugs
in their Breds with the pose
that their cars are so much cleaner than a red red rose.
I gotta run down the road with my homeys and my crew
cause we are Slugs and we're better than you!

Dissin' Smugs and their tugs on the HOV
cause they're blind and they really really cannot see
how their selfish little ways clog up all our days
with a bunch a single drivers gettin in the way
of the righteous true Slugs and the people on the bus
Omniride gonna getcha there, it's no bust
but you gotta clear the lanes first, of the Smugs!

No Ess You Vee and his sad little posse
are gonna hafta find a new way to cross the
14th Street bridge in a year or two
cause we are Slugs! We won't ride with you!

'Nuff said.
wahoowa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wahoowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2005 at 12:44am
Though we certainly have our share of bad drivers on the HOV, Maryland drivers are much worse. [:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic