Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Driver Too

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Driver Too
    Posted: 19 Apr 2005 at 12:52pm
I am new to the Slug concept but what to take advantage. I drive from DC - 24th and N - to Springfield (mixing bowl area). I pass the pentagon and would not have any problems stopping by there if thats my best bet. I leave between 5 and 5:30.

Thanks.

I also do the reverse in the am around 8:00am. Any suggestions where I might pick up folks.

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2005 at 1:04pm
Nearest slug line to the Springfield mixing bowl is "Bob's" where the pick up point is the Long John Silvers eastbound on Old Keene Mill Rd in the mornings, and drop off is in the lot by the bank (and the former "Bob's" restaurant) westbound in the afternoons. You can pick up afternoon slugs at the Springfield-Burke line at the Pentagon, just pull up and say "Bob's". [^]

There are also some afternoon slug lines for Springfield in downtown DC, but I'm not familiar with the details on them. I'm sure there's another slug who can give you all the ins & outs. [8D]

Hope this helps.

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
beachhead View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2005 at 3:40pm
Best PM line on the west side of the White House is just after 19th and F. Stay to the right side of 19th. Plenty of sluggers most days. Someone was talking about starting a line near the State Dept (at 21st St, I think) recently, but I don't think one exists yet. 19th St slugs welcome you.
lilyharvey View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilyharvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2005 at 2:49pm
Lee,
it would be great if you could consider picking people up at 19 & F.
The line of riders has been very long recently.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic