Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Adding Parking Spaces in Bob's/Springfield Plaza
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding Parking Spaces in Bob's/Springfield Plaza

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote je Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding Parking Spaces in Bob's/Springfield Plaza
    Posted: 20 Apr 2005 at 7:18pm
I have been slugging for about 8 months now. Unfortunately, when I get to the commuter lot near K-mart (between 8:05 & 8:10 a.m.), there are no spaces available so I park in the CVS area. All this time, I had no problem. I had heard that someone who parked across from Giant got her car towed once, but nothing had happened to me until today.

I have been parking right in front of the CVS but as close to the commuter lot side as possible. However, today I receive a red warning card stating that I was in violation of the parking rules, my license plate has been recorded and that if park there again, my car will be towed. Naturally, I am very worried. If I park in the commuter lot in an undesignated area (create my own parking spot, like I see others do all the time), will I be towed? Also, if I park near the K-mart side (by the commuter spots but not in a commuter spot - since they are always taken before 8 a.m.) will I be towed? Finally, what do I have to do to make a request that more spots near K-mart, etc., be converted into commuter spots? Is there any chance that more commuter spots will be created? I really don't know what to do. Someone please give me viable suggestions. I don't want to have to take the metro because it takes too much time and money. Thank you.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2005 at 7:19am
Chances are that if you park in any of the commercial (non-designated spots) you risk being towed. Have you tried the church parking lot? They have a designated section for commuters.

As far as whom to contact for additional spaces, you could try the mall management or maybe VDOT (that's a guess since I don't know who manages the states commuter lots). Good luck.
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2005 at 10:06am
I got a notice one time for parking on the Giant side (230 spaces) of the commuter lot too. I also got a notice for parking in an undesignated spot behind the church (89 spaces). I tried looking into how to get those parking spots expanded (especially on the EMPTY K-Mart side), but I wasn't getting anywhere, so I gave up and started slugging closer to my home in Rolling Valley - which sucks because I have to take the metro to the Pentagon in the evening and I don't like the metro.

The K-Mart side of the lot has 75 spaces and the American Legion has 75 spaces as well. I have parked all the way in the back of the church beyond the designated lines before and have not had a problem. I think they are fine with that as long as you are not infront of the yellow commuter parking line. So maybe try there. The church is the only place I have ever found legal commuter parking at the 8:00 hour.

What they NEED to do is tear down that old Circuit City building and make those into parking spots since that building wouldn't make much retail business considering the location and all - but that's just my opinion. [:D]
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2005 at 10:06am
When the group was trying to get the slug lines at Springfield Mall started, I understand they enlisted the help of one of the local state delegates who helped negotiate the commuter parking spots at with the Mall management. You might try to get help from your local Springfield county board or state legislature representative(s) for more spots at Springfield Plaza. [8D]

Good luck on this. Parking is always a tough issue. [B)]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic